Author Topic: Minor Bad-assity - over 10,000 views  (Read 1811 times)

Chris Pascale

• Handlebar Stache
Minor Bad-assity - over 10,000 views
« on: September 20, 2022, 12:55:14 PM »
O.L.D. took an article I wrote for GrumpusMaximus and posted to YT. Found it has over 10,000 views.

Nothing viral given the age of the vid, but it ain't nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_AcsPdA_Dg

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
Re: Minor Bad-assity - over 10,000 views
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 08:59:46 AM »
O.L.D. took an article I wrote for GrumpusMaximus and posted to YT. Found it has over 10,000 views.

I bought a 2003 Honda Odyssey in February 2020 for $3000. The blue book on it was $3500 and two days before the transaction the pull cord for the sliding door broke. Instead of getting it repaired, we agreed on $500 price reduction. It's parked in our backyard of our rental/vacation home on Kauai. We used it about 60-75 days/year. Registration plus insurance is around $500/year. The cost of renting a minivan averages around $150/day. For my next scheduled trip, the cheapest minivan is $165/day.

I chatted with the seller a few months after buying it. He told me he regretted selling it. They bought something "nicer" but smaller and the kids hate it because they are crammed. The parents like the upgrade, but they said it's not worth it with the kids complaining all the time. 

yachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 09:56:04 AM »

I bought a 2003 Honda Odyssey in February 2020 for $3000. The blue book on it was $3500 and two days before the transaction the pull cord for the sliding door broke. Instead of getting it repaired, we agreed on $500 price reduction. It's parked in our backyard of our rental/vacation home on Kauai. We used it about 60-75 days/year. Registration plus insurance is around $500/year. The cost of renting a minivan averages around $150/day. For my next scheduled trip, the cheapest minivan is $165/day.

I chatted with the seller a few months after buying it. He told me he regretted selling it. They bought something "nicer" but smaller and the kids hate it because they are crammed. The parents like the upgrade, but they said it's not worth it with the kids complaining all the time. 

Have you considered Turo-ing it back to them while you're not using it?

Missy B

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 10:29:50 PM »

I googled this vehicle and found this:

Magic Slide 2nd-Row Seats™
If the kids start to fight, don’t fret. In the Odyssey, you can easily slide them apart with Magic Slide 2nd-Row Seats™. These seats easily reconfigure for optimal passenger comfort, cargo-hauling flexibility, and easy access to third-row seating.

I emailed my boyfriend and said, 'hey we can take your parents touring with us'.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 09:21:14 AM »
If you're handy, those power sliding door cables can be replaced. I've done it on both sides of our 2006 Odyssey.  I got the replacement cable kits from this guy: http://carcableguy.com/carcableguy_model_purchase_red.html

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 09:49:55 AM »
Nice article!! The "I can rent a van for $100 a day" thing sure didn't age well LOL

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!