Author Topic: Just saved $1162 on my wife's cell phone plan  (Read 2132 times)

cheapdad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Just saved $1162 on my wife's cell phone plan
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:42:29 PM »
So my wife loves her iphone.  There is no other option in her eyes than an iphone. I have begged her to switch to republic, but she refuses.  I started to research Ting today and found that after paying te cancelation fee with att, plus selling our att phone and buying one locked with sprint, we wouldn't save much, especially if you factor in the risk of buying a used phone online.

After searching through several options I found sprint.  The offer they gave me was this:

Cancel with att and sprint will pay all penalties for the cancelation

Cell plan costs $25 per month plus we lease a phone for $20 per month and we get a new phone every two years.  This is for unlimited talk and text plus 1gb data which is more than enough for my wife.

The total savings for the remainder of our contract plus two years (if we had re signed up for att) will be $1162.  That brings my cell plan from 75 per month plus 199 per year for a new phone down to 42 dollars per month (after selling her old phone) and a new phone at no additional cost every two years. 

Happy wife, happy life (and now a happy wallet too)

cheapdad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Just saved $1162 on my wife's cell phone plan
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »
Just got back from sprint. Ended up being a savings of $1542 over two years compared to our att plan.  I  very happy with sprint.  Even got the new iphone 6 for free with the plan.  Highly recommend sprint right now.

AllChoptUp

• Stubble
Re: Just saved $1162 on my wife's cell phone plan
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 01:36:02 PM »
Amazing!  Great job.