Author Topic: Bike commute going great  (Read 1247 times)

dvdvrhs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Bike commute going great
« on: September 18, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »
I've done the commute 15 days out of the last 2.5 months w/ frequency increasing. Currently like outside of St. Louis MO where we've been in the 90s and humid. I can't believe how much better I feel when I ride.

I am hoping to keep my momentum going through the colder winter and share a badassity post when we get to our painful cold days.

Once I only have to take 2 kids to daycare in the morning I plan to start that drop-off with my burley trailer too. 3 kids is too painful to move logistically with my bike.

fatcow240

• Stubble
Re: Bike commute going great
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »
This will be my first full winter biking.  I'm looking forward to it, but I am in Dallas, TX.

Have you transported your 3 kids?  We have a third on the way, and I have been considering adding a seat to my rear rack.  I already have a two seater trailer.

dvdvrhs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Bike commute going great
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
Have you transported your 3 kids?  We have a third on the way, and I have been considering adding a seat to my rear rack.  I already have a two seater trailer.

We now have a trailer bike and a double trailer. Closest we've gotten is a family ride with one adult pulling each. If I were going to to try all three young ones by myself I may have looked into one of the cargo bikes. St. Louis doesn't have a resale market for them though and the initial price was too high to jump in on.