Author Topic: Just hit 100k  (Read 5334 times)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Just hit 100k
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »
In my Company retirement accounts half stock half 401k.  1&2Q dividends hit the stock today.  good milestone.  Next up 200k in total retirement accounts... projection November.   

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Just hit 100k
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
100k today and 200k projected in five months? That's pretty solid!

ivyhedge

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
At that rate, two commas is not too distant. We await your triumphant arrival!

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
Please read above... i said in my company retirement accounts i hit 100k ... my wife has retirement accounts and we have Roths and a regular retirement account.  adding all those up we total 183k.  and it may hit sooner depending on the market. that calc was just contributions with assumed 0% return on investments already earning. 

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »
2 commas is conservatively 5 -6 years away. 

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »
Very nice job indeed.. Just remember even if the next pullback is BRUTAL, just keep buying and buying on the way down and on the way back up again.

That will shorten your time to FIRE!!

Frank

schimt

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:09 AM »
very nice, i recently broke the 100k mark in my accounts which was a nice feeling. Oddly enough in passing conversation with my father, he too also just broke a 100k in his investments. Granted he should have a nice pension coming to him after 28 years as a fireman, but i was still surprised and saddened that we are both at the same level of retirement savings.

Congrats on the milestone

rmendpara

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
Very nice! Progress is always something to be celebrated... frugally, of course :)

I'm looking forward to the first $100k in retirement accounts alone, I think I'm at around $45k between Roths, IRAs, and current 401k.

Hopefully someday I can buy into the Admiral share class. That will also be a milestone for me.

Cheddar Stacker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »
Congrats boarder, very nice milestone!

very nice, i recently broke the 100k mark in my accounts which was a nice feeling. Oddly enough in passing conversation with my father, he too also just broke a 100k in his investments. .. i was still surprised and saddened that we are both at the same level of retirement savings...

schimt (I always read your name as schmit until just now when I typed it) I'm in the same boat. I recently helped my parents, and my in-laws analyze their 401K/IRA money. They have similar balances to each other, and to us. It's a strange feeling of excitement for us, and fear for them. I think they'll be fine as they don't live extravagant lives and they will get social security, but it makes me glad to be frugal and building towards FI.

schimt

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:37:43 AM »

schimt (I always read your name as schmit until just now when I typed it)

yea, it was just a user name given to me in college that i always use, first five letters of my last name followed by the first letter of my first name.

Clearly not as clever as a lot of the names on here, for instance "stacking cheddar" is great, and the picture to go with is, well played.

Cheddar Stacker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »
Thank you sir.

Now boarder, report back soon when you hit $200K.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
oh i will be sure to.  just need the market to maintain what its done this year and it may be sooner than expected.  200K in savings should coincide with a 300K networth adding in house value.  You wouldnt happen to be a Cards fan?? I'm from KC wife's a cards fan ... Greatly enjoyed the series last week. 

Cheddar Stacker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »
I had been a pretty die hard fan since I was about 5, but have recently been sort of blasé about almost all sports. It began around the time I stumbled on MMM, which was also when my 2nd kid was born, and I don't think that's a coincidence. My priorities in life have changed, and I've "grown up" over the last year.

Long story short - Cards made the world series, won the first game then got demolished in the second game, and I found myself disturbingly angry/depressed about it. I yelled at my son about some silly crap. Later that night I realized why, and decided to never let myself get that "invested" in something that had no real impact on my life. I barely watch sports now.

I did hear they did a home/away series though which sounded sort of interesting. And KC did well, so I'm sure you enjoyed it more than your wife. : )

So in summary, Go cards, I guess, or not, whatever. My life will go on tomorrow either way, and Yadi Molina doesn't care how well I do at my job or if we win that big client, so why was I so interested in his success? No offense to hard core sports fans intended, it's just not for me anymore.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
All true statements and i've started to notice the royals affecting my mood.  and they are slowly becoming less important in my life than they were b4 i found this blog in january.  Amazing what changing your lifestyle does to you.