Author Topic: I never buy underwear.  (Read 4702 times)

The Resilent Dame

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I never buy underwear.
« on: June 11, 2014, 06:41:36 AM »
If you are on the Victoria Secret mailing list, every couple months or so there's a free underwear coupon. I have no shame in walking in, grabbing my free pair, and walking out without buying anything else. This seems to supply a sufficient # of pairs. :)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: I never buy underwear.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 06:54:44 AM »
 . . . intriguing.

luigi49

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:56:15 AM »
MOD EDIT: creepy comment removed. please see forum rule #4, be respectful of the site & its members.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:56:44 AM by Russ »

Ottawa

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:02:27 AM »
. . . intriguing.

Yuu could sign up...and then - no need for cycling shorts!

ak907

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:34 AM »
My ex always did this (though she sometimes bought stuff too). It is amazing how many free offers you get, good strategy to save.

thefrugalnudists

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
Kind of ironic that the wife and I actually do buy underwear. I guess we just wish we lived somewhere where they weren't needed!

The Resilent Dame

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
You can probably stay on the list if you buy a bra or two when you need them. Wait for the semi-annual sale.

rmendpara

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
You could just go commando like the hillbillies of east Missouri (just picked a random place.. don't be offended Missourians).

Lol, I wonder if it costs you more in transportation costs to go each time to the store than it would be to just buy a 10 pack off Amazon...

Alright, that's all I will comment on women's underwear. The inner 14-yr old in me can't stop laughing when I think "underwear".

CommonCents

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
I have done this for years, but apparently they do figure you out.  Last time I bought something from VS was I think the annual sale last Jan (2013).  I used to get freebies all the time, but most recently was sent only a coupon for a freebie upon purchase. 

homeymomma

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:43:06 AM »
I'd love to get away with this, but underwear is one of the things I'm really picky about. I spend about $25-30/ year buying the same brand I've bought since high school. Last time I did this it was hilarious because I walked into this store clearly aimed at teens with my toddler in hand and huge pregnant belly. Lol. Whatever! Their undies are uncannily perfect for the postpartum time!

Bras I buy at Victoria's Secret. 2 bras, once every three years. Considering they last that whole time, feel comfortable, and I don't have to buy more because they wear so darn well, I figure the cost per use is pretty good.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!