Author Topic: I just won a radio contest  (Read 1835 times)

waffle

• Bristles
I just won a radio contest
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:07:05 AM »
I don't usually bother to sign up for sweepstakes, but Denver just had its big home show. In conjunction with that one of the radio stations did a "Spring Spruce Up" contest where local vendors donated certificates forth $2,000-$3000 each for a total value of $22,000. Since I happened to have just bought a fixer upper last fall I decided to sign up. I won! I didn't claim one certificate for roofing since my roof is pretty new and I have to pay taxes on the winnings, but everything else is exactly what I need for fixing up the house.
I was figuring on fixing up DIY over the next few years, but this makes it so we can do most all of the renovations this year!

Jmoody10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: I just won a radio contest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:16:12 AM »
That is awesome news!

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »
Superb!.... Ka Ching...:)

James

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
Nice!

cashstasherat23

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:22:12 PM »
Love this-congrats!

I am always signing up for any and all of those contests-my friends always roll their eyes while they have to wait for me to fill out an entry form if we are out somewhere, but I am constantly winning! They are then always calling me lucky and saying they don't know how I win all the time, but you can't win if you don't put your name in!

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
What a huge prize that is! I, too, enter random contests but mostly, have just won things like concert tickets, etc. Maybe one day my ship will come in!