Author Topic: I had a taste of early retirement today!  (Read 2771 times)

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
I had a taste of early retirement today!
« on: May 17, 2019, 12:09:59 PM »
I switched from a five day workweek to a four day week. We already paid the babysitter for today, so I have had free reign to do whatever I wanted. So far, I have:

1) Baby-proofed and reorganized the den/playroom. I anchored bookshelves to the wall, hung some pictures and sports memorabilia that I have previously neglected due to laziness, reorganized the bookshelves, and dusted.

2) Rode a bike to the bank to order checks and inquire about opening a business checking account. I probably could have done this online, but it's too beautiful outside to spend all day on the computer. While out, I filled a gas can for the lawnmower. I'm sure it was odd to see a bicycle parked at a gas pump.

3) Mowed. I missed last week due to rain, so the back yard was a beast. At some point later today, I need to look into either sharpening our lawnmower blade if possible, or replacing it.

4) Applied for a business license and designed and ordered business cards for my business.

5) Cleaned and prepared my office for the new business.

6) Played fetch with my dog.

Also on the list for today is to assemble and install a ceiling fan in my baby's room and go to a doctor appointment. Despite my productive day so far, I haven't even put a dent in all of the things I would like to get done around here. I'm going to have to retire much sooner than 15 years from now if I'm ever going to check everything off my list.

GermanStache

• Stubble
  • Working my way to FI
    • My Journal
Re: I had a taste of early retirement today!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 12:14:47 PM »
Sounds like a perfect day to me!! Although those lists are tedious I just love to get stuff done and it sounds like you did very well!

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:42:50 PM »
If that's part of your early retirement, you better watch out for the Internet Retirement Police!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »
Sounds like a perfect day to me!! Although those lists are tedious I just love to get stuff done and it sounds like you did very well!

Getting mundane shit done is stressful when you only have a couple hours free per day.  When you're wide open?  Way more fun. 

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 05:48:42 PM »
If that's part of your early retirement, you better watch out for the Internet Retirement Police!

Damn, I’m not even close to retirement, and I’m already on the run from the retirement police...