Author Topic: I Got a Raise!  (Read 3412 times)

Gimesalot

• Pencil Stache
I Got a Raise!
« on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »
Despite the fact that my company has not given raises out since the bringing of the oil glut, I managed to get a substantial raise.  I reminded my boss that he had said that at contract negotiations with my client, I would get a raise.  He suggested $2 per hour.  I said I wanted $4 per hour.  He and upper management agreed.  My client just confirmed that they signed the contract and have issued a purchase order for my services. 

Woot! Woot! More money =more savings!

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
Re: I Got a Raise!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:27:30 AM »
Despite the fact that my company has not given raises out since the bringing of the oil glut, I managed to get a substantial raise.  I reminded my boss that he had said that at contract negotiations with my client, I would get a raise.  He suggested $2 per hour.  I said I wanted $4 per hour.  He and upper management agreed.  My client just confirmed that they signed the contract and have issued a purchase order for my services. 

Given that you work full time, your going to be saving another 8 GRAND EVERY YEAR. Congrats! (More if you work OT, probably a bit less after taxes...)

the.one.who.wonders

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »
That's pretty good!

I've found that managing (not be tempted) to raise the standard of living when getting a raise is already winning the battle. Putting it aside is winning the war

Gimesalot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 07:38:28 AM »
I am cheating and raising my standard of living a little bit, about $1k per year because that will still leave me above a 70% savings rate.  Also, I am spending about $300 to get all new clothing from ebay and the thrift store. I recently lost some weight and although I thought I could make what I have work, there have been a few moments where "private parts" almost make an appearance! I almost lost my pants while walking through the airport!

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 10:32:31 AM »
I am cheating and raising my standard of living a little bit, about $1k per year because that will still leave me above a 70% savings rate.  Also, I am spending about $300 to get all new clothing from ebay and the thrift store. I recently lost some weight and although I thought I could make what I have work, there have been a few moments where "private parts" almost make an appearance! I almost lost my pants while walking through the airport!

Now you're bragging about your raise and your weight loss. I guess you're in the right subforum. :)

Balkins

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »

Congrats brother. Many more to come !

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!