Author Topic: I got a FREE ecobee4!  (Read 1822 times)

FireAnt

• Bristles
I got a FREE ecobee4!
« on: December 16, 2018, 12:58:51 PM »
We got a flyer in the mail from DTE Energy (electric and gas) that they do a free home assessment for energy savings and they will install a free ecobee4 smart thermostat. I was skeptical but scheduled it for yesterday. 45 minutes later they left me with a new one! They are $200 in store right now. Free and hopefully will help with heating costs too-- score!

They left me a flyer to refer people and I can get entered into a drawing to win money (just give them my reference #03698102). I would have done it anyway... cool program.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:22:00 PM by italianant »

ThatGuy

• Stubble
Re: I got a FREE ecobee4!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 08:09:07 PM »
Cool!  I have to admit I had to Google it to find out what you were talking about.  I have a different brand of smart thermostat and I'm glad I have it.  Free would've been much better though.

FireAnt

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »
Cool!  I have to admit I had to Google it to find out what you were talking about.  I have a different brand of smart thermostat and I'm glad I have it.  Free would've been much better though.

Haha my bad! I modified it to clarify. I knew of the Nest for a long time, but this brand is newer to me as well.

Murr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »
Score! That's pretty cool. We did a similar energy audit last year with PECO here in SE PA and they replaced all the bulbs in our basement with LEDs and left 2 power strips. Not bad but would have been great to get a thermostat.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 08:14:44 AM »
Very nice.  I went to Home Depot last winter aiming to pick up a dumb thermostat replacement when ours crapped out, and ended up with an ecobee4 due to our subsidy.  Ours wasn't quite free, but ended up the same price as a dumb one.  We've enjoyed it.  I don't *always* know what it's thinking, but it's still nice to have.

chuckster

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:17:21 PM »
The Los Angeles DWP does something similar, apparently the energy audit includes a free NEST, and they'll top off your A/C freon too

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 08:35:28 PM »
We got one for free too. Fun little gadget :) Would have been so useful this past summer when we went one a week's vacation during a heatwave. DH had set the schedule on our thermostat...but overrode it the night before and forgot to reset it!! We came home to a nice cold house...and crazy bills!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!