Author Topic: I got 2 free pairs of pants this past week!  (Read 1850 times)

ptobest

• Stubble
I got 2 free pairs of pants this past week!
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:17:18 AM »
I'm accustomed to living in apartment complexes that have unofficial "free stuff" areas, but my current building is the first where there are designated areas for free things. There is a laundry room on each floor with a "free library" style bookshelf, and then the larger laundry room on the penthouse floor has a larger set of shelves where everyone dumps off things they don't want or are no longer using. I've found the occasional useful thing - mostly books and (strangely enough) boxes of cereal. Recently, I've wanted to get back into wearing men's pants - the women's pants I own have completely useless pockets and I'm lucky enough to be of a size where men's pants fit just as well. And, within the past week, I have found in the free areas 2 separate pairs of men's pants, still in good condition, that fit me perfectly!

(Not sure if this "badassity" except in the context of "I can apparently make free things that I want appear with thought alone", but I wasn't sure which forum would be more appropriate).

In conclusion, I love my apartment building's free areas.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
Re: I got 2 free pairs of pants this past week!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
That's really cool that they do that! And congrats on the score!

ptobest

• Stubble
Re: I got 2 free pairs of pants this past week!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 12:25:23 PM »
That's really cool that they do that! And congrats on the score!

It's funny, a few years back I lived in a complex that had a lounge area with couches, a tv, and several bookshelves with a bunch of leather-bound type books - on closer inspection they were a bunch of books on California legal code in the 80s. I asked the leasing office about using that area as a free library instead, but apparently that was not in their control and the books were there more for a library "image". So, it's nice to live in a place that thinks more about usefulness of areas for existing tenants and not "will this look nice for future tenants?"