Author Topic: I'm crying, yall... Ting is AMAZING  (Read 5463 times)

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
I'm crying, yall... Ting is AMAZING
« on: September 01, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
This is not my badassity. This is about Ting wireless.

Just got an alert from Ting (have mine and husband's cells with them and love them).

Because they care about their customers and saw how devastating Hurricane Harvey was, they are giving everyone in Texas a credit in their accounts - flat $40 plus $20 each additional device associated with the account. Automatically applied, so no worrying about claiming it - just kicks in on your next bill.

I've been reading about other companies out there offering a month's grace period on bills with no surcharges or late fees, which is really great, but to give away what could end up amounting to several hundred thousand in credit? I'm not gonna lie... I got choked up and kind of cried a little. It's not even about the money for us, but it kind of blew me away, because for many, that money could make a huge difference in being able to buy food that week. Some of our friends are hourly employees - they don't work, they don't get paid. And with their offices closed for the next several weeks depending, they are going to have to hope that the donations and charities are on the ball to fill the gap.

It's been a stressful week, and while we didn't even have any damages or water in the house... it was frightening watching it get close, and I've been out helping where I can the last few days since they allowed us to travel again, and feeling so heartbroken for our friends and neighbors.

Ting - you're a class act through and through. Thank you so much for not being a faceless corporation. I'm going to be a loyal customer from here on out.

misshathaway

• Bristles
Re: I'm crying, yall... Ting is AMAZING
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »
wow! I have them already and have been very happy with the service and teeny tiny monthly bill. Now I have another reason to love them.

Glad you escaped Harvey. In a lose-everything situation the immediate need would boil down to cash. Glad they did that.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:06:54 AM »
That's awesome. And even more awesome of you to share their good deed. It's so inspiring to read about corporate good deeds now and again!

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »
Fantastic.. Will definitely put them on my list when it comes to looking for a new cell provider.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:57:48 PM »
Damn, that's awesome.

Thanks for sharing with us!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:05:37 AM »
Republic attempted to do the same thing, and screwed it up. First, living in PA. they really didn't need to provide me much in the way of storm relief. Second, they announced this good deed by sending an email notice that the two gigs I requested have been added to my account. Clearly indicating that I ordered additional data for my account. I then had to open a trouble ticket, since they have no customer service, and replied with, "great, I requested nothing, please remove the charge from my bill". At that point I find another email explaining the gift. What a mess.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:07:14 AM by paddedhat »

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:34 AM »
That's badass. the level of charity from churches, individuals, companies is insane. My little church raised over $7k. Another (big) local church spent a long weekend in Houston & donated over 15,000 man-hours. my company is donating truck-loads of food products.

We are a charitable society!

ubermom4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 03:47:17 PM »
Hey Frankies Girl -- we are in Houston, too. Corporate support here has been phenomenal. IKEA is giving 15% off on everything in the store for the entire month. I don't think they are open full time yet. Glad you're ok. Thanks for sharing good news about Houston!!

MatthewK

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 11:35:54 AM »
that is outstanding! Just another reason to love Ting! I've been using them for the past 8 months and have been really happy with them, especially when THEY tell you about the google voice hack you can use to reduce your bill even more!

Quint

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 05:53:56 AM »
that is outstanding! Just another reason to love Ting! I've been using them for the past 8 months and have been really happy with them, especially when THEY tell you about the google voice hack you can use to reduce your bill even more!

Not to hijack the thread but I just signed up for Ting and I remember reading about google voice but can't recall how to use it.  The article MMM had written doesn't seem to be working right now and I didn't see anything about it on the forums, could you explain how that works?

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
Verizon is supposedly going to give us in Florida free service from 9/10 to 9/15. Which is great,
but my daighter was without cable many days after that and working on her online masters degree
using data.
I got three notices of $15 extra data charges before I new what was going on.
I sent her a stern wtf letter, saying if I see another $15 charge she's paying it!
 I pointed out we are using a $0.35 coupons and you're blowing through data like it's free.
Somehow she found places that have free wifi. duh!

MatthewK

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »

Not to hijack the thread but I just signed up for Ting and I remember reading about google voice but can't recall how to use it.  The article MMM had written doesn't seem to be working right now and I didn't see anything about it on the forums, could you explain how that works?

Carl at 1500days does a great job explaining it here, I also think you can search it on Ting's site. Hope this helps.
https://www.1500days.com/17-89-phone-bill-ting/

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
This is not my badassity. This is about Ting wireless.

Just got an alert from Ting (have mine and husband's cells with them and love them).

Because they care about their customers and saw how devastating Hurricane Harvey was, they are giving everyone in Texas a credit in their accounts - flat $40 plus $20 each additional device associated with the account. Automatically applied, so no worrying about claiming it - just kicks in on your next bill.

I've been reading about other companies out there offering a month's grace period on bills with no surcharges or late fees, which is really great, but to give away what could end up amounting to several hundred thousand in credit? I'm not gonna lie... I got choked up and kind of cried a little. It's not even about the money for us, but it kind of blew me away, because for many, that money could make a huge difference in being able to buy food that week. Some of our friends are hourly employees - they don't work, they don't get paid. And with their offices closed for the next several weeks depending, they are going to have to hope that the donations and charities are on the ball to fill the gap.

It's been a stressful week, and while we didn't even have any damages or water in the house... it was frightening watching it get close, and I've been out helping where I can the last few days since they allowed us to travel again, and feeling so heartbroken for our friends and neighbors.

Ting - you're a class act through and through. Thank you so much for not being a faceless corporation. I'm going to be a loyal customer from here on out.
Is it ok if I share this, cut down a bit, on my Facebook?

Quint

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 06:16:10 AM »

Carl at 1500days does a great job explaining it here, I also think you can search it on Ting's site. Hope this helps.
https://www.1500days.com/17-89-phone-bill-ting/

Thanks!