Author Topic: Hit the 250 milestone  (Read 3122 times)

Uturn

• Pencil Stache
Hit the 250 milestone
« on: July 16, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
In May of last year, a friend turned me on to Personal Capital.  That afternoon was a turning point in my life.  For the first time ever, I really started paying attention to money.  A couple of months later I found this site and it changed my views on spending and life goals.  Earlier this year I was happy to see my savings/investments become a larger portion of my net worth than home equity.  But now I have reached a milestone and want to tell everyone, but we all know we must keep such things to ourselves and this very public forum.

As of yesterday, $253k net worth.  Yay, I'm a quarter millionaire.  With my income, I really should have reach that a decade ago, but I'm not going to let past stupidity suck the air our of my balloon. 

dougules

• Magnum Stache
Re: Hit the 250 milestone
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »
In May of last year, a friend turned me on to Personal Capital.  That afternoon was a turning point in my life.  For the first time ever, I really started paying attention to money.  A couple of months later I found this site and it changed my views on spending and life goals.  Earlier this year I was happy to see my savings/investments become a larger portion of my net worth than home equity.  But now I have reached a milestone and want to tell everyone, but we all know we must keep such things to ourselves and this very public forum.

As of yesterday, $253k net worth.  Yay, I'm a quarter millionaire.  With my income, I really should have reach that a decade ago, but I'm not going to let past stupidity suck the air our of my balloon.

Sweet!  It just speeds up from there.  We just hit $800K NW.  (Although I am a little sad that it's on the back of a market jump that just makes my future little green paper soldiers weaker in the market)

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »
We just hit it recently too, kind of a weird experience when you can talk about net worth with "million" (sure, quarter million, but hey, this is celebrating!).

Hoping the next milestones go as easily/quickly as the first :)

gggggg

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 12:01:44 AM »
Congrats! I'll be at 250k in a few months (a miracle with my laughable salary and former spendy ways).

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 10:44:14 PM »
Congrats everybody! It's always so encouraging seeing people succeed! It's all going to get better from here.

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
Nice!

Lindy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Frugal Turtle
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »
Congratulations!  Stop looking back at the past and start seeing how awesome you are doing today! 

Candace

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »
Congratulations! You should be proud. Don't worry about what you feel are your past mistakes. To paraphrase a wise person, "You did what you knew how to do. When you know better, you do better".

Pat yourself on the back and then keep looking forward.