Author Topic: Good old manual labor  (Read 2391 times)

KulshanGirl

• Bristles
Good old manual labor
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »
I'm about to tackle the last two of five yards of gravel sitting in my parking strip.  Before finding this site, I would have paid someone to do it but no more!  Not this time anyway.  Imma haul my small self out there and sweat today.  :)  It might not qualify as overly badass to some, but it sure is to me.  *waves shovel*  Happy 4th all!

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Good old manual labor
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 11:59:38 AM »
Way to go!  I,too, have been doing work I used to farm out.  Just spent an hour cutting back bushes.  Now I'm going to get busy fixing yummy 4th of July food.  I was walking yesterday with a friend who was lamenting her lack of money.  at the end of our walk she said she had to hurry over to order some ribs for the 4th...at a restaurant where that will cost $20.  My $ 6 ribs are happily cooking in my kitchen.  I find myself regularly asking, "do I really want to pay someone.... $40/hour to mow the lawn, $ 14 to put some ribs in the oven...etc. 

KulshanGirl

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
Done.  Impressed the neighbors.  Got asked out by guy who lives a couple of blocks down.  There is something to this DIY business.  Hehe.  *muscle flex*

Also, sunscreen FAIL.  Am going to be lobsterish, I can tell already.  And sore.  That too. 

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »
I can't blame that guy for asking you out, I'd do the same thing if I saw a girl shoveling gravel by hand - it takes character that's hard to find these days!

Greg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »
Ibuprofen is your friend.  Good job.