Author Topic: Get Rich With: Spectacles  (Read 17974 times)

Nancy

Re: Get Rich With: Spectacles
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 08:01:13 AM »
How are y'all riding your bikes in the rain while wearing glasses?

I wear old people sunglasses (or side shield sunglasses) over my regular glasses. They rock, are inexpensive, and actually last for quite a while. My eyes are super sensitive to light.  If it's too dark, I have rec specs (recreational spectacles) that I wear while playing sports/biking. They are also awesome and really comfortable. Interestingly, people actually compliment me on them. 

The only issue I have with glasses is water sports: surfing and swimming. I could fix swimming with prescription goggles, but I don't know how they would work while surfing.  I have a feeling they would rip off my head if I ate it while surfing.  Perhaps this could be fixed by a strap to my suit... Anyone have tips for surfing with impaired vision?

capital

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
How are y'all riding your bikes in the rain while wearing glasses?
In lighter rain, a helmet with a visor helps.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
And speaking as someone with -9.5 prescription (ditto the wife), you've practically got eagle-eyes. ;)

What index did you end up getting, if I might ask?

Okay, just placed my first order (wife had ordered from them a few times).

I got the best one that didn't cost more money - 1.57 Mid-Index Single Vision.  Did have to pay the $9 extra strength charge.  Total with shipping was $20.90

They emailed after I placed the order warning me they'd be thick and asking if I wanted a different frame (or could pay more to make them thin).  I said just ship em.  Was pleasantly surprised, don't think they're that bad.

And the prescription is night and day from my old glasses that were a few prescriptions out of date.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.