Author Topic: Free Clothes Shopping  (Read 2044 times)

jhartt3

Free Clothes Shopping
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:17:38 AM »
Since Jan 2nd i've been losing weight.  Today i'm down 24 lbs.  So i went shopping in my closet and found pants i havent fit into in over a year.  Free clothes. Weight loss.  Saving on my food budget too by eating a bit less. 

Standard day:

Premade Bfast casserole: $1.83
Black bean chicken Chili: ~$1-1.50  (dedpends on what i got my stock piled chicken for (range 1.39-1.77)
Dinner varies a bit but: $2-3 (high side)
Wine: 1-2 Glasses - $1-2

Total for 1 day a week 5.83-9.33 - 6 days 35-56 - 1 month 140 - 224 

Wow doing the math on this page that is a lot of variance.  over 60 bucks a month and my wife on top of that makes it 120.  Next mission make this the 140 consistently.  Grocery and drinking bill under 300 for the month of march. 

Side note how do ya'll calculate grocery spending.  Is it what you spend that month or what you eat from what has been stockpiled.  b/c chicken just dropped to 1.49 at my local store so i'm going to buy a ton of it this month for the freezer.  Which will drive up prices this month but could make next month almost nothing. 

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Free Clothes Shopping
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:43:56 PM »
Nice work.  It's crazy how healthy choices can multiply in so many ways.

I count what I spend in a month, not what I consume. 

If I spend more one month (to stock up, or because I'm lazy and eat out) I try to make it up in the next month.  Perhaps it's not necessary but I like the challenge and it keeps my annual spending on track.

naturelover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Free Clothes Shopping
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
That's awesome!

I routinely turn to my closet for "free clothes shopping". I was just thinking the other day about pieces I wore all the time last winter but haven't touched this winter, for whatever reason. I can continue not wearing them this winter, pull them out next year and hey, new clothes!

I try not to keep too much unnecessary stuff around, but I do put away select clothing items that I no longer want at a given time to potentially pull out later. I have had several things that I didn't wear for years, only for them to become some of my favorite pieces multiple years down the road. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!