Author Topic: Food badassity happens!  (Read 2429 times)

Money Badger

• Pencil Stache
Food badassity happens!
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:04:43 PM »
OK, these aren't that amazing, but here's just one day's worth of better food moves than I would have made 2 weeks ago...

Today, turned down a brunch invite to drive 80 total miles downtown and back for 60 minutes dining with one of my wife's friends and her husband who were in town for the pro football game (as my wife had to drive separately to the same general area to go to work this afternoon).   Yes, I would have enjoyed the visit, but we'll see these same people in 2 weeks over the holidays and all I could think of was 4 gallons of gas&vehicle wear plus $20 for the meal and 3 hours of my life to eat a fancy hamburger that wasn't good for me in the first place.   That's a total of about $50 back to the stash and 3 hours of my life.

And in the same day (while I was home actually talking to my teenager daughters instead of driving back home), they asked for Mac and cheese for dinner.   Instead of driving to the store for the "blue Kraft box" they expected, made homemade Mac from a box of noodles and fixin's in the fridge and pantry with a Good Eats Alton Brown recipe.   Oldest daughter was so excited about the food goodness that she gave me a big hug.  Priceless!!

DesireeD

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Food badassity happens!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:30:45 PM »
Way to go!

DesireeD

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Food badassity happens!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 09:16:43 PM »
Way to go!