Author Topic: Fixed dyson vacuum cleaner  (Read 3009 times)

Fletch

• Stubble
Fixed dyson vacuum cleaner
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
I live in a very small apartment, and between two women with long hair and a very hairy dog, my hand-me-down dyson takes a lot of abuse. A few months ago, the telescoping wand part stopped working. I cleaned out my vacuum like usual (clogs happen), but no luck. Today, I essentially disassembled the entire thing with some help from YouTube, and lo and behold, there was a pen stuck in a u-shaped hard plastic tube I had never taken out before, and so much hair had been wrapped around it no air could get through for the telescoping wand.

I know this is a gross story, but instead of worrying about needing an eventual replacement my trusty old vacuum is back to humming along, so I'm a happy camper.

*Edited to add picture of approximately where the pen was.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:21:10 PM by Fletch »

burly

• Stubble
Re: Fixed dyson vacuum cleaner
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »
Awesome!

I just fixed mine today.... I have the DC17 Animal (hand me down from parents) and the drive belt broke from too much hair or string or something in there.. I found the part on Amazon for a buck!

george_michael

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Embrace the new, always.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:11 AM »
Amazon is quite a gem place. I never returned empty-handed whenever I tried to find extra parts.

Mrs. Green

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 06:27:15 PM »
I have had my Dyson animal for 12 years!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

patrickza

• Pencil Stache
    • I live on a boat
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 03:09:02 AM »
That's great. Do you vacuum yourself? Never noticed a pen going up?

AlexMar

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 08:57:10 AM »
I fixed my Dyson last week, too.  It just needed a new battery :)  Not quite so bad ass but my wife was going to throw it away!!!!

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 11:05:50 AM »
We have a Dyson animal vac that's 11 years old. We bought it new with a 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath, Beyond (before they stopped allowing the coupons to be used on Dyson products). My husband has replaced a handful of cheap components on it over the years and it's still going strong! Being able to fix things yourself saves so much money!!

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »
I fixed my Dyson last week, too.  It just needed a new battery :)  Not quite so bad ass but my wife was going to throw it away!!!!
It would be more badass to take apart the old battery and replace the/any bad cells

george_michael

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Embrace the new, always.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 02:55:58 AM »
Hey there folks,

I tried online to gather info on fixing dysons and found quite such. I got a hold of another important aspect that information on fixing dyson is a pretty regular thing you can find on the internet. But information on fixing shark vacuum cleaners is pretty rare to find.

I went ahead and took things on my own hand. Did some research, wrote a shark troubleshooting guide and put it up on my blog. If any of you are facing problems with your shark vacuum cleaner, you are welcome to check my blog.

https://vacuumist.com/shark-vacuum-troubleshooting/