Author Topic: Finishing up my canned peaches from last summer  (Read 1365 times)

abiteveryday

• Stubble
Finishing up my canned peaches from last summer
« on: June 01, 2016, 05:32:08 PM »
I have a fairly productive peach tree in my yard, and last year canned a bunch in halves.   I forget the exact amount, but many many quart jars.    We're a almost back to summer again, and I've only got two jars left.    I was as little skeptical of the value, but I'm a convert.  Using them multiple times per week I didn't buy peaches once since last July.       I might need to take preserving the plums more seriously than my usual batch of wine at this rate!

Tris Prior

• Magnum Stache
Re: Finishing up my canned peaches from last summer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:05:03 AM »
Nice! I don't have fruit trees (apartment dweller) but I am down to my last 2 jars of canned fruit from last year. Just in time for canning season to start up again as berries and such come into season! That's the way it's supposed to work, right?

I wish I'd have canned WAY more tomatoes, though; those ran out a while ago. But, that was what my plants produced. (and they did pretty well, for the most part, considering that I only have 1 raised bed to plant things in.)

I love canning plums. Found a great recipe last name for oven roasted spiced plum butter. YUM.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!