Author Topic: Finally Made a Convert!  (Read 2030 times)

Jmoody10

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Finally Made a Convert!
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:34 AM »
My wife and I have been open mustachians for two years now! Since then, we have nearly paid off a car, saved a ton of money for a house, and went from general contracting our house to being the actual contractors. Pretty much everyone thinks we are crazy!

Yesterday a younger friend of mine got his first job with an "adult salary" (his words). He came over and must have asked a hundred questions about investing, automatic savings, budgets, etc over three hours. It felt awesome to share this knowledge and actually have someone else get excited as well!

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Finally Made a Convert!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 07:32:05 AM »
Wow!

It must feel great seeing someone wanting to get off to a really good start.  Yes, sharing this information is a wonderful feeling.  I hope your young friend sticks to it!

Gone Fishing

• Magnum Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
Re: Finally Made a Convert!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
Pretty cool when the student becomes the teacher!  I'm glad he was willing to spend some time with you and he was starting pretty much from scratch which makes things easier.  A lot of times I get questions from folks with a lot of baggage that want a 30 second answer.  Rarely is the answer simple...