Author Topic: Eating at Chipotle for Free This Summer  (Read 4698 times)

LiveLean

• Pencil Stache
    • ToLiveLean
Eating at Chipotle for Free This Summer
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »
I already eat at Chipotle a lot. It's helped me, at 46, be in the best shape of my life. (5-10, 160, 10 percent bodyfat).

And, yes, some people hate Chipotle. Others were turned off, rightly so, by the health issues the chain had earlier this year.

But if you like Chipotle, its current Chiptopia deal is pretty awesome. For July, August, and September, you earn one point for each time you eat there. Every fourth burrito is free (but still counts as a point). If you eat there 12 times a month for July, August, and September, you earn catering for 20, which is a $240 value. Plus nine of your 36 burritos are free. (This is per visit. You can't order takeout for the office and get 12 points.)

My average burrito bowl and water is $9. Twenty-seven burritos comes to $243. But I get back 9 free burritos ($81) plus the catering for 20 ($240), which I can redeem in October, just in time for my birthday.

When I have the free burrito coming, I load up with double meat. So that's another $2 per burrito. But I won't count that $18. (Besides, I always order 1/2 chicken and 1/2 something else and inevitably I get the equivalent of double meat anyway).

Sure, you have to want the catering package. But if you want it, you will come out at least $80 ahead.

Knapptyme

• Bristles
Re: Eating at Chipotle for Free This Summer
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
I don't eat out often enough to make use of something like this, and I'm a little late to the game. It does, however, look like an awesome deal, and I also love Chipotle. Done right, those burrito bowls can almost make two separate meals, too.

Others may chastise the spendypants eating out bit, but I say enjoy your luxury and well done!

KittyFooFoo

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Greetings, Chipotle brother. I'm also on my way to triple hot status.

What do you plan to do with the catering for 20? Freeze the burritos? Do we have any details on how it will be delivered?

HotPotato

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »
I wish I had known about this in the beginning of July. Any rumors on them continuing the Chiptopia once the summer rewards ends?

LiveLean

• Pencil Stache
    • ToLiveLean
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 05:47:14 AM »
Greetings, Chipotle brother. I'm also on my way to triple hot status.

What do you plan to do with the catering for 20? Freeze the burritos? Do we have any details on how it will be delivered?

My birthday is in early October. Looks like my food costs is covered, especially since the Mrs. is also closing in the prize. So we can feed 40.

I imagine they'll probably follow this up with some sort of promotion.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 07:13:24 PM »
If I tried that I would weigh 300 pounds.

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 12:40:24 PM »
I like the food at Chipotle, but it seems pricey.

Just think about how many burritos you could make at home for $243.

I've really been enjoying mixing up my own spices & using a variety of leftover meats.  Lately I've been getting creative & trying things like curry paste, raisins, etc. to flavor the mix.  It's been fun, but has also made Chipotle & Moe's seem boring & expensive by comparison.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »
Would have been nice to know about July 1....but good for you! :-)

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 01:32:14 PM »
My mouth is watering.

boyerbt

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »
Too rich for my blood.

I really enjoy going to Chipotle everyone once in a while for a fully loaded burrito bowl with two free wraps on the side to ensure two meals!! I still signed up for Chiptopia knowing I would never earn anything beyond the automatic free chips and guac.

Congrats though

pxpaulx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »
Too rich for my blood.

I really enjoy going to Chipotle everyone once in a while for a fully loaded burrito bowl with two free wraps on the side to ensure two meals!! I still signed up for Chiptopia knowing I would never earn anything beyond the automatic free chips and guac.

Congrats though

That is the real way to up this to the next level. The burrito bowl secret is there is enough there to fill the two wraps (which they give you without question!) About three quarters full easily making 2 meals!

LiveLean

• Pencil Stache
    • ToLiveLean
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »
OP here.

No problem with two wraps, but keep in mind the tortilla is one of the worst parts of Chipotle nutritionally. It's a 40g bomb of empty carbs.

Think in terms of splitting it into two bowls instead.