Author Topic: DW's first paycheck!  (Read 2914 times)

Travis

• Magnum Stache
DW's first paycheck!
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »
With our son in full time public school now my wife entered the workforce last month.  It's a 30-hour a week temp job, but today I saw her first paycheck hit the bank. I'm so proud of her and I know she'll be excited.  We don't need the money as we save 50% of my paycheck, but she finished college two years ago and she's wanted to do more.  This temp job is only supposed to last three months, and I hope she's able to find something else soon after.

Scubanewbie

• Stubble
Re: DW's first paycheck!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
Congrats!

Kimchi Bleu

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:21:07 AM »
That's quite an accomplishment for your wife!  Congrats to the both of you. 

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 09:17:14 AM »
We decided to go out to dinner to celebrate.  It turns out I was due for a free burger at Red Robin so we had a good time and it didn't cost nearly as much as I thought.

SJS

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 06:32:16 AM »
Congrats - with two aggressive savers on the "team" - your financial future is no doubt looking bright!!   :-)

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:27:09 AM »
Cool. Because you were forced to live on less, now you can save and invest the excess money. Then in a few years your wife can quit if she chooses.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »
Cool. Because you were forced to live on less, now you can save and invest the excess money. Then in a few years your wife can quit if she chooses.

Currently I make 8 times what she does, but yes 90% of her paycheck is going right into our investments. (She's tithing 10% of her paycheck).