Author Topic: Duke Energy / Progress Customers - 4 LED light bulbs for $10  (Read 2916 times)

nirvines88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Duke Energy / Progress Customers - 4 LED light bulbs for $10
« on: February 26, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
http://www.techniart.com/dukeenergy/

Can get up to 2 sets, or 8 bulbs.  $10 for a set of 4 LED bulbs.  Not sure if it will work for non-Duke Energy users, but you could give it a shot.  Try zip codes like 27615, 27613, 27609, 27606, etc.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Re: Duke Energy / Progress Customers - 4 LED light bulbs for $10
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
Interesting.  I can't find anything on Duke's site about this though, so I don't want to hand over credit card info without confirmation that it's legit. 

You can get CREE 9.5W 60 watt equivalent bulbs at any Home Depot in Duke/Progress area for $5 each.  We have a few and quite like them. 

DragonSlayer

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:54:08 AM »
I got there through Duke's site, but they don't make it easy to find. You have to log in to your acct. and look under "For your Home." There's an option for "Save Energy and Money." Click that. Under "Get Started" there's a link to "Pay less for energy saving bulbs." Click that. Then there's a link for "Visit our energy efficient lighting website for more information." Click that. Then click on the "Local Retailers" link. Off to the right, there's a link that says, "For online bulb purchases visit:" And it's the same link given by the OP. Good grief but they really don't want you to get there.

DragonSlayer

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:56:12 AM »
Also worth noting that the fine prints states that orders will not be shipped outside of Duke's territory, so no matter what zip code you use to qualify, you need to have a zipcode in their service area to receive the bulbs.

nirvines88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »
Interesting.  I can't find anything on Duke's site about this though, so I don't want to hand over credit card info without confirmation that it's legit. 

You can get CREE 9.5W 60 watt equivalent bulbs at any Home Depot in Duke/Progress area for $5 each.  We have a few and quite like them.

That crossed my mind as I was ordering, but the company looked legit and I decided take a calculated risk and roll the dice.  Looks like Dragonslayer, in his post above, confirmed that I'm not a doofus (at least this time around).

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!