Author Topic: Duct tape is amazing  (Read 3082 times)

Megatron

• Stubble
Duct tape is amazing
« on: January 17, 2014, 03:18:05 PM »
got an ipad mini for my birthday from my sister, didn't really need one but since I ended my cellphone contract after it was up and is using work's blackberry for free. She thought I needed a "smart" device. Well, I got to really like the thing and was really using it as a e-reader / google maps/ media player. I didn't want to shell out the $50 for those fancy ipad covers/cases. So here's what I came up with. Found an old hardcover children's book from my childhood at my parents' house, some left over sponge foam, a bit of fleece cloth and duct tape. It's also safer to leave it around because no one would think there's an ipad inside.

AlmostIndependent

• Pencil Stache
Re: Duct tape is amazing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
I love it.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »
Re covers in general... I've seen people with iPhone cases larger than their iPhones. Ridiculous!

But good job on protecting the screen

FIreDrill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 02:50:50 PM »
Very nice!  I've done duct tape wallets before but that's about it, lol.

AlmostIndependent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
They do a Duct Tape Ball here in Anchorage. Everyone dresses in duct tape attire.

FIreDrill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
They do a Duct Tape Ball here in Anchorage. Everyone dresses in duct tape attire.

Well that would explain why I saw random people in duct tape suits that one time.... lol

robtown

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »
Mythbusters had an episode where they were stranded on a tropical island with unlimited duct tape.  After several other experiments they conducted the ultimate test.   They created a duct tape and bamboo outrigger and paddled it over 24 hours to escape to civilization.   In that time it held together and did not leak.

FIreDrill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »
Mythbusters had an episode where they were stranded on a tropical island with unlimited duct tape.  After several other experiments they conducted the ultimate test.   They created a duct tape and bamboo outrigger and paddled it over 24 hours to escape to civilization.   In that time it held together and did not leak.

This is why I love Mythbusters, they do some awesome stuff!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!