Author Topic: Dropped the bullshit coverage  (Read 4422 times)

Zman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Dropped the bullshit coverage
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »
Just got off the phone with AAA and was able to cur my premium in half! $1600->$800

Dropped collision and comprehensive coverage and was even able to bring up bodily injury coverage(it was only about 10 bucks per year more, maybe i got duped but who cares). I cant believe I never did this before! its so cheap!

Unfortunately I now realize Ive been paying about $800 too much every year for the past 10 years... $8K down the drain i guess, oh well. I didnt have a bad ass mustache then,  but  I do now!

Now onto the next thing to be mustachian about!

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
  • I really didn’t say everything I said - Y. B.
Re: Dropped the bullshit coverage
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
I use to increase my franchises pretty high and get low primes

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:11:48 PM »
Exactly.. 50 here, 30 there, cut your cell phone bills, insurance, internet costs..

Before you know it your down by $600 a month in my case!

Good for you!

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
I really like Esurance because you can easily calculate your premium by switching things around. We used to pay $120 per month but now cut that in half by getting rid of crap that was not needed and increasing the deductible a little.  $60 per month for two people for car insurance (I don't have a car) is pretty good!

I think Geico may have similar rate but we are with Esurance now. 

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »
I really like Esurance because you can easily calculate your premium by switching things around. We used to pay $120 per month but now cut that in half by getting rid of crap that was not needed and increasing the deductible a little.  $60 per month for two people for car insurance (I don't have a car) is pretty good!

We pay 60$/month for 2 cars and we are in Canadakistan where everything is 40% more expensive than in USA...

Zman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »

Ya, I was fooling around on Geico changing totals and getting  a bunch of quotes, but then the Geico site stopped working and said " you have received more quotes than our normal users so you must call a rep for further assistance".... at that point I just called AAA and told them that I was on the Geico site and what levels i was looking at and they were able to match.  Im not going to deal with a geico rep because the site thinks im too inquisitive!

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »
We pay 60$/month for 2 cars and we are in Canadakistan where everything is 40% more expensive than in USA...

Except health care.

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 08:05:27 PM »

If it were up to me, I would cancel comp/collision and would be more like $30 per month. Despite never needing such coverage in a couple decades, the coverage remains... Oh well, at least we are saving more than before.

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:27:53 PM »

Except health care.

Yeah! But IDK how to compare that one since we pay so much taxes and health care is almost 50% of the government budget. It´s not out of our pocket but directly from income taxes