Author Topic: An Envelope of any other Size/Color  (Read 1570 times)

snshijuptr

• Stubble
An Envelope of any other Size/Color
« on: February 19, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »
In the process of recharacterizing our IRA contributions (another badassity moment that is saving us $2500 on taxes), I realized that we were out of standard envelopes. I was fretting about when I would get to the store when I realized that I didn't have to send my forms in with a classic No 9 envelope. The post office will just as well deliver my forms in a leftover greeting card envelope from my wedding invitations (when we misprinted the date, whoops!). I've kept these envelopes with my greeting cards for 5 years (bad declutterer), and I just realized that they work just fine for sending regular mail. Plus now everyone gets pretty green envelopes! I'm not buying envelopes for a while.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
Re: An Envelope of any other Size/Color
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
That's funny!

10 years ago I was a life-insurance salesman. I bought about 3000 envelopes with my name and the company's name on them. I quit shortly after that. I still have a lifetime supply of those things!

madamwitty

• Bristles
Re: An Envelope of any other Size/Color
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
Good job!

I have a ton of Shutterfly envelopes leftover from when I used to send annual Christmas cards, baby announcements, etc. The OCD in me shudders at the fact that these are about 1 inch shorter than standard business envelopes, but now I use them whenever I have to send anything in the mail.