Author Topic: NW up over $70K since the beginning of the year!!  (Read 3496 times)

Jenny1974

• Stubble
NW up over $70K since the beginning of the year!!
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:08:11 AM »
Between a healthy bonus and some good market returns, we are already up over $70K for the year.  If we can maintain this pace, we'll hit our $2M goal in no time!!!

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
Re: NW up over $70K since the beginning of the year!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
Nice!! We're up ~$48K since the beginning of the year. Shooting for $130K total NW gain this year (~$100K added investment principal from our contributions + employer match)

Things are moving along now. Can't wait to see the snowball effect in a year or two.

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:31:13 AM »
I wish these things were constant and steady! We are pushing over 50k so far as well.

We might be down in the coming years but 10 or so years out i can't wait to see my nw change by 6 figures in 3 to 4 months!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 02:52:40 PM »
I'm a pretty new liberal.   Was a Republican from 1986 to 2015.  I hate to give the Orange Cheeto Monster any credit.  Here is my controversy.   I'm up $153,456 since the night of the election.  That's gains and contributions combined. 

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »
I'm a pretty new liberal.   Was a Republican from 1986 to 2015.  I hate to give the Orange Cheeto Monster any credit.  Here is my controversy.   I'm up $153,456 since the night of the election.  That's gains and contributions combined.

Bateaux, out of curiosity - what caused you to switch?  Was it Mr. Drumpf?  Or something else?

[I've been a bleeding-heart liberal since the 1980s]

CheapScholar

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 05:59:42 AM »
Since he came up YET AGAIN, I guess I'll just say I'm proud of my president.  God, it'd be nice to have one thread on this forum not turn into a referendum on Trump.

#MAGA

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »

Bateaux, out of curiosity - what caused you to switch?  Was it Mr. Drumpf?  Or something else?

I found Bernie!

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »
Since he came up YET AGAIN, I guess I'll just say I'm proud of my president.  God, it'd be nice to have one thread on this forum not turn into a referendum on Trump.

#MAGA

He's an easy target, does it to himself.  We've only got 4 years to give him shit and that will pass quickly.  I give him no personal credit for my gains in wealth.  That's all speculation based on what he might do.  I saved the stash that made that gain before he ever took office.  Sometimes I  just get sick of winning so much.

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 08:50:14 AM »

I found Bernie!

Eek... Kinda tough to achieve FI if your money is being confiscated to pay for everyone's free shit.

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 11:07:44 AM »

I found Bernie!

Eek... Kinda tough to achieve FI if your money is being confiscated to pay for everyone's free shit.

Unfortunately I'll never have the kind of money Bernie was after.  If I ever did, I'd gladly share.

henceforth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »

[/quote]

Unfortunately I'll never have the kind of money Bernie was after.  If I ever did, I'd gladly share.
[/quote]

Amen to that. I am happy to pay more taxes if it means a more equitable distribution of wealth amongst those that have so much and the people that have so little. 

Cache_Stash

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
Good for you!

I'm up about 50K for the year.

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »
He's an easy target, does it to himself.  We've only got 4 years to give him shit and that will pass quickly.  I give him no personal credit for my gains in wealth.  That's all speculation based on what he might do.  I saved the stash that made that gain before he ever took office.  Sometimes I  just get sick of winning so much.

Rock on.

spaniard999

• Stubble
    • Longing for Travel
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 12:02:17 PM »
When you say you are up 50K does this count your 401k and IRA?

alex trebeck's mustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 01:13:03 PM »
When you say you are up 50K does this count your 401k and IRA?

I'm up 58k since Dec 31. That does include 401k contributions which I've already maxed out for the year (18k), a bonus (16k pre tax), and would include IRA contributions if I had made any. I do not own a house, so does not include any gains in value of my property.

RoostKing

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 01:29:47 PM »
I really need to get my stuff figured out. Im still even!!!!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!