Author Topic: Cut 2 inches off my belt yesterday; got a new job today!  (Read 2654 times)

Eric

• Magnum Stache
Cut 2 inches off my belt yesterday; got a new job today!
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
I decreased the size of my belt by 2 inches yesterday.  Removed the buckle, cut off two inches, and re-attached it.  I've lost 20+ lbs since finding MMM and riding my bike more and generally increasing my activity by not driving places I used to drive to.  It's pretty awesome!

On an unrelated note, I've never liked my current job.  I just accepted an offer for a new one today!  It'll cut my commute from 25 miles each way to 10 miles each way.  And I'll stop driving it and start biking it, so I'll save 50 miles on my car everyday.  I imagine after I start riding a minimum of 20 miles everyday, I'll be able to trim another inch or two off my belt too!

olivia

• Pencil Stache
  • From Consumerism to Minimalism
Re: Cut 2 inches off my belt yesterday; got a new job today!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »
Awesome, double congratulations!

MissStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:36:37 PM »
That's awesome!  Congrats on both fronts!

rocketman48097

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 10:28:20 AM »
I am so happy for you.  I just started bike commuting a few months ago, mostly due to this website.  I new it was silly to drive 3.5 miles to work each way, but living in the suburbs, I didn't see anyone else biking to work and it seemed too long to walk.  Buying a bike has been incredibly, now my very old 2001 Acura Coupe sits in the driveway gathering dust, occasionally being driven on the weekends for a joy ride but not very often or to the airport which is 21 miles away, which I get reimbursed mileage for since it's for work but this is infrequent. 

impaire

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
Absolutely awesome! remember to drive the car every other week or so (after letting it sit for 5, we had a bad surprise with the brakes...!), and enjoy every day of NOT driving it!

TeddyG

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »
Wow, that's inspiring! Nicely done dude!