Author Topic: Consumer Sucka Quotient Decreased.  (Read 1521 times)

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
Consumer Sucka Quotient Decreased.
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:35:40 PM »
Before and after photos.

Car 2 model years NEWER, TWICE as fuel efficient, HALF the odometer reading, still under factory warranty.

Oh yeah, and I bought it for $10K less than I sold the Jeep!

maginvizIZ

• Bristles
Re: Consumer Sucka Quotient Decreased.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 02:47:28 PM »
WINNER! WINNER! WINNER!

Nicely done. Your investment accounts will thank you for this decision.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »
Funny thing the Jeep was a complete disaster from several days of hauling firewood and lumber.  Mud, sawdust, and wood chips everywhere.  It was DISGUSTING.  A few hours of elbow grease and a $20 drive through car wash, and the person I sold it to said "You obviously take great pride in your vehicles" lol!

It was actually the last few days of serious use of the Jeep that drove me to sell it.  Don't get me wrong, it is a FANTASTIC vehicle.  It luxurious, comfortable, accelerates well, tons of cargo space.  The Overlands are really quality vehicles.  But it doesn't do much very well. 

Transporting me to work?  Horribly inefficienct. 

Hauling firewood?  Not much without a trailer. 
And after experimenting with salvaging off of craigslist and getting carpenter ant infested wood for the trouble of all my chainsaw running and maul swinging labor, I figure it will be better to rent a uhaul once a year and drive to a tree service lot that sells firewood.

Hauling lumber?  I suppose I could get a better roof rack (or make one like MMM did), but the nice lumber yard will deliver for $40.  And I'd use it maybe twice a year.

Camping with a large group?  I bet it would kick ass.  Too bad I live in Indiana and I'm too pretentious to camp anywhere without mountains.

So I realized I have a gigantic, gas guzzling hatchback that does somethings better than a regular hatchback, but not better enough to justify the costs.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »
Congrats on getting rid of the Jeep, but funny you mention camping. I remember traveling to Indiana to camp in the state parks when I lived in Illinois. Shades was my favorite.

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
    • A Riving Home - Ramblings of a Recusant Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16:42 AM »
Hell yeah! Welcome to the hatchback club! I've been a member since 2010 and counting, with the same vehicle :)

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:58 AM »
Very nicely done!!