Author Topic: Chipotle  (Read 37934 times)

schoopsthecat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Chipotle
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2014, 12:23:40 AM »
This may be my favorite thread on the MMM forums.  I haven't been to a Chipotle for years, but I'm going tomorrow...I'll try to post a picture of the largest vegetarian burrito bowl I can get with my glass of hotsauce.  I also like meat, but in the name of frugality, I'll carry in my own braised pork...the question is if I should ask them to put my homemade pork on the giant mound of burrito bowl for me, or if I should mix it in myself at the table.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »
Jon_Snow,

We actually do have Chipotle in Canada --
:o)

818 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1N4

323 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON M5B 1R7

123 Front Street
Unit 103
Toronto, ON M5J2M2

1072 Don Mills Road
Toronto, ON M4P 2C9

2323 Yonge Street
Unit 100
Toronto, ON M4P 2C9

1970 St. Clair Avenue West, Unit 109
Toronto, ON M6N11

3401 Dufferin Street, Unit FC-04
Toronto, ON M6A-3A1

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2014, 06:31:34 AM »
Dragoncar was making a joke that she didn't understand what you were talking about because you didn't quote anyone.

Haha whoops.

I quote carefully so I don't make that mistake.

To use GovtWorker's language...
Well pin a rose on your nose. Aren't you just sooooooooooo special..

If you're trying to do more cooking at home and you don't know what braising is, you need to find out, fast!
Haha yea I've been meaning to learn more recipes...

My friend's Dad used to say, " If you are going to steal, steal big.  Either way you are a thief."

Along the same lines, one of my friends like to say if you're going to be a dumbass, do it intelligently.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »
If your Chipotle closes at 10, go at 9:55.  If it's slow, and you're super nice to them, they'll load you up with lots of extra of everything, since they're about to throw it all away as they close.  My girlfriend and I went to a Chipotle in Iowa a few months back coincidentally at this time, and it was glorious.  We hadn't eaten all day, and were quite ravenous.  Just be super polite and don't make a mess or stay for an hour.

And I don't steal soda from Chipotle, that's just wrong.  Come on.  I'll use BitTorrent for things I shouldn't and go 70 in a 65, but I wouldn't do that.  Either pay up, or go without the liquid sugar this time.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2014, 10:22:44 AM »
If your Chipotle closes at 10, go at 9:55.  If it's slow, and you're super nice to them, they'll load you up with lots of extra of everything, since they're about to throw it all away as they close.  My girlfriend and I went to a Chipotle in Iowa a few months back coincidentally at this time, and it was glorious.  We hadn't eaten all day, and were quite ravenous.  Just be super polite and don't make a mess or stay for an hour.
One time I went in about 15 minutes before closing. I ordered barbacoa, and they said oh we'll have to cook it, is that okay? And I said sure. I waited about 10, maybe 15 minutes. And then when I went to pay, the guy said oh no need, sorry for the wait =)
Quote from: ketchup
And I don't steal soda from Chipotle, that's just wrong.  Come on.  I'll use BitTorrent for things I shouldn't and go 70 in a 65, but I wouldn't do that.  Either pay up, or go without the liquid sugar this time.
Funny how you think torrenting what I assume is copyrighted material is okay, but then stealing soda isn't.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »
Funny how you think torrenting what I assume is copyrighted material is okay, but then stealing soda isn't.

Regardless of what you think of copyright infringement, there is a difference between making a copy of something (and not literally "taking" it from someone) and stealing something (that deprives someone else of it).  You may not like either one, and that's okay, but they are different.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »

Regardless of what you think of copyright infringement, there is a difference between making a copy of something (and not literally "taking" it from someone) and stealing something (that deprives someone else of it).  You may not like either one, and that's okay, but they are different.
True. I guess if we're ignoring what the law says, one could argue from a moral standpoint that making a copy isn't as bad as stealing something, even if you are depriving somebody somewhere of profit.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »

True. I guess if we're ignoring what the law says, one could argue from a moral standpoint that making a copy isn't as bad as stealing something, even if you are depriving somebody somewhere of profit.

And you may not even be doing that - some things aren't available for purchase, so there's no way to pay the content creator.

Also torrenting may not even break the law, it may only be a moral issue.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2014, 11:20:30 AM »

And you may not even be doing that - some things aren't available for purchase, so there's no way to pay the content creator.

Also torrenting may not even break the law, it may only be a moral issue.

Oh yea I forgot about the not available case. But I don't think that's what ketchup was talking about, since ketchup said torrenting "for things I shouldn't"
It certainly depends what you torrent, and what country you live in, as to the legality of torrenting. I always forget that there are tons of people on this forum that aren't in the US like me =P

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2014, 11:22:30 AM »
Exactly.  :)

One difference in the morality, IMO, is the idea of a victimless crime.  Going 70 in a 65, maybe.  Torrenting something you can't legally buy, maybe.  Taking soda that belongs to someone else (even if that other is a corporation), not so much.

Can't Wait

• Stubble
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »
One time I went in about 15 minutes before closing. I ordered barbacoa, and they said oh we'll have to cook it, is that okay? And I said sure. I waited about 10, maybe 15 minutes. And then when I went to pay, the guy said oh no need, sorry for the wait =)

You're not very good with sarcasm, are you?

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »

You're not very good with sarcasm, are you?
So you're saying ketchup was being sarcastic? I don't think so, but if that's what you mean GovtWorker, I'll let ketchup chime in on that.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
True. I guess if we're ignoring what the law says...

FYI, the law most certainly does make a very large distinction between theft and copyright infringement!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »

FYI, the law most certainly does make a very large distinction between theft and copyright infringement!

Indeed.  Typically in the US copyright infringement is punished much more than actual theft.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2014, 12:47:13 PM »

Oh I know. I was just trying to look at the moral aspects of theft vs copyright infringement.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2014, 12:51:57 PM »
Oh jeez, I didn't mean to introduce that animal into this fight too.

All I meant by what I said is that even though I'm an immoral heathen of a lawbreaker to the point that I'll go slightly over the speed limit on the highway or borrow an episode of Game of Thrones from the intertubes for the night, I still would never steal from a restaurant.  So yes, a bit tongue-in-cheek, but everything I said was true.