Author Topic: Cancelled my accommodation  (Read 1598 times)

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
Cancelled my accommodation
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:06:14 AM »
This is nothing compared to some of your stories, but it's indicative of my mindset change since coming to this place.

Last year I decided I wanted to run a marathon. Over Christmas I hurt my hip badly, and it soon became pretty obvious that nothing short of months of physio would have me walking again without pain, and running that far at the moment would be stupid. But I kept the hotel booking because, well, I DESERVED to have a weekend away (for $550...). That's not including the meals and drinks I would have had as well, and the girls in my running group party hard, so it wouldn't have been cheap.

Today I rang and cancelled the accommodation. Not really sure why I needed to stay for 3 nights anyway, other than I DESERVED it. :) When I can run again we'll go for a run together and maybe a coffee or a glass of wine after. Nothing close to $550 though. What was I thinking?

So yeah, that's my story for today.

Mrs. Frugalwoods

• Bristles
Re: Cancelled my accommodation
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »
Congrats! Great savings! I hope your hip heals soon and that you're able to enjoy running and time with your friends.