Author Topic: Buying My Freedom  (Read 1828 times)

val_2073

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Buying My Freedom
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:40:13 PM »
Hello All, Im 31yrs old male from Sugar Land, Tx. I discovered MMM and Fire 6 months ago. I am still struggling with my consumerist ways but I have been making progress. Im hoping to grow my stache so I can hopefully Fire 10 yrs from now.
In Late Dec 2014, I opened a Vanguard Roth IRA and Brokearage account. I maxed my Roth IRA for 2014 and started buying Dividend Funds and Index Funds. In Jan. 2015 I iniatiated a 457 account and maxed my contributions.

I make about 60k with primary employer & 40k with secondary part time employer.
Primary Employer has define benefit Pension which vest at 8 yrs of service.    I contribute 7% of gross and employer contributes 14% of my gross. Pension Account also grows at 7% interest which compounds annually. When Retiring total account contibuted plus matching funds will be used to buy annuity for a lifetime benefit. Im already vested with 8 years of service.

So far I have the following.

Pension account has 33k  / (99k matched).

457 -  $8,000

Vanguard Roth IRA. 
VTSMX - $7,000   Hoping to convert to Admiral soon.

Vanguard Brokearage.
VGOVX - $3,200
VWEHX - $10,000
VGSIX - $3,000.

House is worth 250k with 50k left in mortgage.

RESIDUAL INCOME
VA lifetime benefit.  $455 a month / $5460 a year residual income.

I cant believe how much I grew my net worth within 6 months!

Cougar

• Bristles
Re: Buying My Freedom
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »

congrats.

email vanguard and see if you can transfer any of those into admiral shares, the costs are a little less. you might need to have more money in your funds before you can do that; but make a note to do it if you can.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!