Author Topic: Biking to work  (Read 8718 times)

josephpg

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Biking to work
« on: January 03, 2013, 08:20:48 AM »
Was able to get myself to work today when it was 3 degrees out. Put on 4 layers of clothing and got to work on time, no accidents on ice, fingers  keeping sort of warm in mittens.

yomimono

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Biking to work
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
That's pretty badass!  I'll bet you got a lot of disbelieving praise once you got there.

Tami1982

• Handlebar Stache
    • Disabled Girl on Fire
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Way to go!  That's awesome.  You are definitely a badass:)

josephpg

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
Not much praise but defiantly cuts into the wining about how cold it is outside.

leonblack

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 07:29:35 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread so I unearthed this one.

Recently, I biked to a professional development (PD) day. I'm a teacher and they never have students at these PD days. It's our day to learn about new techniques in the field of education.

Since this was a 9+ mile ride to a neighboring school, I wasn't too worried about bringing extra clothes. Usually, teachers are dressed down on these types of days.

My super intendant happened to be there and made a comment on my biking gear. Something to the effect of, "You look like a biker and you're talking to the super intendant." She continued to talk about the dress code that was being enforced. In reality, I could've driven but instead I biked.

Thought it was funny. The idea of getting fired because of FIRE.

KBCB

• Stubble
  • Burning to Fire
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 06:54:56 AM »
Yowza that's a cold ride. Good job!

hal

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 07:44:51 AM »

Recently, I biked to a professional development (PD) day. I'm a teacher and they never have students at these PD days. It's our day to learn about new techniques in the field of education.

Since this was a 9+ mile ride to a neighboring school, I wasn't too worried about bringing extra clothes. Usually, teachers are dressed down on these types of days.

My super intendant happened to be there and made a comment on my biking gear. Something to the effect of, "You look like a biker and you're talking to the super intendant." She continued to talk about the dress code that was being enforced. In reality, I could've driven but instead I biked.

Wow — who cares, especially if students aren’t present? Sorry you had to deal with that! Even when when we are in front of students, our superintendent seems to care more about the quality of teaching and culture of schools. In my case, I’m fortunate that she has been in my class, knows my way of teaching, etc — because I have likewise shown up to PD in Saturday clothes. One thing that I love about teaching in a small district is that district staff have done walk throughs in my class several times, so they get to know me as a teacher, not as a suit.

EscapedApe

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »
Biking to work feels fantastic. You get a nice dose of endorphins in the morning, and it clears your head for the tasks in front of you. Plus, it takes care of some of your daily exercise requirement.

Been biking to work every single day and I've saved a ton on gas alone.

lcmac32

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 01:11:46 PM »
I just posted a thread on driving for Uber to work on my commute, but I love the bike commuters.  That is a money move if there ever was one.  Mad props for being one of the few bike commuters!! I am always impressed by them. 

I biked to work a few months while working in Germany and loved it.  My commute back in U.S. is 28.5 miles and a little too far to bike.  I could move closer, but I really love my suburban town too much to move. Vicariously backing through all of you true Mustachians.

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 01:46:16 PM »
Biking to work feels fantastic. You get a nice dose of endorphins in the morning, and it clears your head for the tasks in front of you. Plus, it takes care of some of your daily exercise requirement.

Been biking to work every single day and I've saved a ton on gas alone.
The sad thing is that the gas is likely the cheaper part of the overall cost.  Figure $0.07-0.20 a mile for a 40 to 15 mpg vehicle respectively.  Overall you are spending $0.40-0.70 a mile in net costs with repairs, amortized vehicle replacement cost, maintenance, insurance, registration, etc.  Just using half a buck a mile is often plenty accurate.
The other thing I notice is that trips tend to multiply when I drive.  You won't go to one more spot (to spend yet more money) on your bike, but behind the wheel it is all too easy to add more destinations along the way.  So I'd argue there is an additional savings per mile above direct replacement miles.

EscapedApe

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
The other thing I notice is that trips tend to multiply when I drive.  You won't go to one more spot (to spend yet more money) on your bike, but behind the wheel it is all too easy to add more destinations along the way.  So I'd argue there is an additional savings per mile above direct replacement miles.

Absolutely. This is the really insidious part of driving. Because driving is so effortless, you tend to do more of it without thinking.

"Oops, I forgot to buy a $1.00 carton of eggs. Here, let me just hop in my car and add 50% to their price while I'm at it."

Cycling really forces you to think, to plan, and to be an active participate in your own life rather than a passive observer, all in the interest of saving money and of not wasting your time taking frivolous trips.

Boofinator

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »

We once had a guy come in for an interview at my last place of employment. This guy was, for lack of a better description, dressed like a clown: goofy shoes, polka dot tie, lime green pants, suspenders holding his pants on his spheroidal belly, the whole nine yards. Spoiler:
Spoiler: show
He did not get the job, because we weren't Barnum & Bailey Circus. One should, generally speaking, not dress inappropriately for the occasion.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:02:04 PM by Boofinator »

ThreeWheeler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »
I started biking to work in September when my daughter returned to school. Her school is on my way to work so we are biking in together and then I continue on to the office.

For years I have felt low level guilt about getting in my car and driving the 4km (yes, really) from my home to office. One deterring factor was safety. Until this year there was no bike safe way to cross a major highway that lies between my home and office. Thankfully when a bridge over the highway was replaced a pedestrian walkway was added.

Biking into office in the morning puts me in a great mood, even when the weather is crappy. And biking home is far more relaxing after a day of work then the sort drive ever was.

I now need to start looking into expanding my biking wardrobe and possibly buying some additional bike equipment (fenders, winter tires) to extend my biking season into the winter. I plan to bike in with my daughter as long as she is willing (and maybe a bit longer if I can twist her arm)

As a bonus the bike route is 500m shorter (3.5km total) then driving due to a pedestrian path I can take to get out of our neighborhood instead of driving the wrong direction for a few blocks.

GreenToTheCore

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
I started biking to work in September when my daughter returned to school. Her school is on my way to work so we are biking in together and then I continue on to the office.

For years I have felt low level guilt about getting in my car and driving the 4km (yes, really) from my home to office. One deterring factor was safety. Until this year there was no bike safe way to cross a major highway that lies between my home and office. Thankfully when a bridge over the highway was replaced a pedestrian walkway was added.

Biking into office in the morning puts me in a great mood, even when the weather is crappy. And biking home is far more relaxing after a day of work then the sort drive ever was.

I now need to start looking into expanding my biking wardrobe and possibly buying some additional bike equipment (fenders, winter tires) to extend my biking season into the winter. I plan to bike in with my daughter as long as she is willing (and maybe a bit longer if I can twist her arm)

As a bonus the bike route is 500m shorter (3.5km total) then driving due to a pedestrian path I can take to get out of our neighborhood instead of driving the wrong direction for a few blocks.

This is all fantastic, so happy for you!

johnwood543

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 07:30:35 AM »
Well done, I have started doing this too.
Fitter body, healthy mind, save money on petrol and less pollution. It's taking some getting used to getting up earlier and not having the heating on in a warm car though. Also my bike is ancient and I still have one of those huge mountain bike tyres on it. Need to get one of those road bikes with thin ones. They look so light and fast.

EscapedApe

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »
Fitter body, healthy mind, save money on petrol and less pollution. It's taking some getting used to getting up earlier and not having the heating on in a warm car though. Also my bike is ancient and I still have one of those huge mountain bike tyres on it. Need to get one of those road bikes with thin ones. They look so light and fast.

Do you have a lot of paved roads where you live? Or is there some off-roading involved too?

I bought myself a hybrid bike, which sort of straddles the line between road and mountain bikes. Lighter frame and no suspension (like a road bike), but slightly fatter tyres for light off-roading. It's a nice compromise. And if you ever want to go just a little faster, you can usually put slim road bike tyres on a hybrid frame.

johnwood543

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »

Do you have a lot of paved roads where you live? Or is there some off-roading involved too?

I bought myself a hybrid bike, which sort of straddles the line between road and mountain bikes. Lighter frame and no suspension (like a road bike), but slightly fatter tyres for light off-roading. It's a nice compromise. And if you ever want to go just a little faster, you can usually put slim road bike tyres on a hybrid frame.

No off roading involved, I just have the same bike as when I was a 18 year old. Back then I would be off roading for fun lol.
That's interesting, will have a look into those hybrids. The ability to switch to thicker tyres could be useful too, especially on those icy winter days.

EscapedApe

• Stubble
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 11:32:12 AM »

No off roading involved, I just have the same bike as when I was a 18 year old. Back then I would be off roading for fun lol.
That's interesting, will have a look into those hybrids. The ability to switch to thicker tyres could be useful too, especially on those icy winter days.

If you might run afoul of ice and snow where you live, then it may be worth keeping your mountain bike too.

HenryDavid

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 09:15:14 AM »
Way to go, keep going, be safe.
When you total up the savings from cycling, and then think of that as your “pay to ride,” it’s hilarious. Every pedal stroke is money in the bank.
But the real payoff is in how much your bodily and mental health improves.

Driving all the time just sucks, but it’s hard to see that through the windshield.

UpNAtom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »
I have a road bike with disk brakes: since it doesn't have the clearance issues that rubber brakes can cause, I can almost put 40mm tires on mine with no issues (went from 25s for the summer to studded-35s for the winter).

That could also be an option.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 08:44:25 AM »

If you might run afoul of ice and snow where you live, then it may be worth keeping your mountain bike too.

I don't like mountain bikes for ice and snow, and use a road bike year round.

The big knobby mountain bike tires are good for grip if you're cycling through loose snow, but I find narrow tires tend to punch through slush and grip better on the road.  Knobby tires are much worse handling when you're on any kind of smooth surface (including ice).

The wide handlebars on a mountain bike ensure that you catch a tremendous amount of wind.  This slows you down (making you work harder to go faster in the stronger winter winds), but also makes you colder.  A tucked position on a road bike feels warmer - you're all tucked into a ball, just like the HELP position in a swimming pool.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 05:52:59 AM »

I don't like mountain bikes for ice and snow, and use a road bike year round.

The big knobby mountain bike tires are good for grip if you're cycling through loose snow, but I find narrow tires tend to punch through slush and grip better on the road.  Knobby tires are much worse handling when you're on any kind of smooth surface (including ice).

The wide handlebars on a mountain bike ensure that you catch a tremendous amount of wind.  This slows you down (making you work harder to go faster in the stronger winter winds), but also makes you colder.  A tucked position on a road bike feels warmer - you're all tucked into a ball, just like the HELP position in a swimming pool.

My DH is the opposite, he much prefers his mountain bike for winter riding, and his biggest problem is overheating and sweating, even in -40C/F. He doesn't even wear a proper coat, just a merino base layer, a fleece, and a vented waterpoof biking jacket with no lining.

The only weather he won't bike in is a major snow storm where there's snow above your knees on the ground, in which case he'll run instead.

EscapedApe

• Stubble
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 09:53:47 AM »
My DH is the opposite, he much prefers his mountain bike for winter riding, and his biggest problem is overheating and sweating, even in -40C/F. He doesn't even wear a proper coat, just a merino base layer, a fleece, and a vented waterpoof biking jacket with no lining.

The only weather he won't bike in is a major snow storm where there's snow above your knees on the ground, in which case he'll run instead.

That's pretty rad.

I'm like your DH in that I generate a LOT of heat and get hot super fast. But I'm still a wuss when it comes to getting my head cold. My core is fine, but I'm a sissy if my ears and neck get chilly.

Gonna look into base layers and hoodies with built-in balaclavas.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »

That's pretty rad.

I'm like your DH in that I generate a LOT of heat and get hot super fast. But I'm still a wuss when it comes to getting my head cold. My core is fine, but I'm a sissy if my ears and neck get chilly.

Gonna look into base layers and hoodies with built-in balaclavas.

Balaclava and ski goggles and you're good.
DH has about a half dozen balaclavas, all different weights and fabrics depending on the weather. Then he wears a merino wool hat on top.

PVD_Kev

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 07:46:14 AM »
I started biking to the commuter rail station in Providence when we moved to PVD in July.  With the first snowstorm of the year, I'm shut out: the city doesn't clear bike lanes or sidewalks and I refuse to share the road in the dark, on ice, up and down College Hill (it'a a big one) with distracted and impatient drivers everywhere.

After two days of driving to the best parking lot (in Attleboro...only $5 to park and it still has parking spaces at 7:30) like I used to do and I was absolutely fuming.  What a colossal waste of time and money. Seven years I used to drive there and now I detest it.

So today I took the bus for the first time.  Not "badass" in any way, and it added about 20 minutes to my commute but I am a WAAAAY happier employee today and it was only $2.

Boom.

Boofinator

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
So today I took the bus for the first time.  Not "badass" in any way, and it added about 20 minutes to my commute but I am a WAAAAY happier employee today and it was only $2.

Boom.

I love the bus and the bike ride, but in different ways. Both beat the hell out of driving. The benefits of the bike ride have been covered ad nauseum, but the bus ride has its own benefits intrinsic to itself (beyond avoiding driving in traffic): in particular, the bus gives me personal time to read, and I have read dozens of books which I would have never had the opportunity to read either biking or driving. The bus is the only certifiable "me" time that allows for this activity, so I am grateful every day I ride (though I prefer biking, up to at least a few days a week).

(By the way, I bike to and from the bus stop, so it is more like biking and busing vs. just biking a longer distance.)

The_Big_H

• Stubble
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »
Ive just jumped on the bandwagon a month ago and begun biking to work, about 4 miles (currently 3 days a week, gradually working my way up).  Right now in Florida its not too bad I can take mostly residential road and 1/4 of it is on a dedicated bike trail... wonder how this will feel in summer, oh well I'm doing it, especially after I was pulled over like the 5th time doing it by an off duty cop, for "impeding traffic" (I mentioned Florida, right).

Yes I was riding in the whole right lane of a 5 lane road, doing about 12-15 in a 20mph school zone, as if traffic couldn't pass me in the OTHER lane.  He figured I should be using the mostly but not totally unoccupied parallel parking lane (there is no continuous sidewalk or bike lane, and the parallel parking lane has some cars in it and ends suddenly).  I was almost hoping he'd give me a ticket so I could fight it and win it in court, but alas only a warning.  The experience has only made me want to do it MORE.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 06:53:03 AM »
Ask for a badge number and report a complaint.

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 09:47:17 AM »
... especially after I was pulled over like the 5th time doing it by an off duty cop, for "impeding traffic" (I mentioned Florida, right).

Yes I was riding in the whole right lane of a 5 lane road, doing about 12-15 in a 20mph school zone, as if traffic couldn't pass me in the OTHER lane.  He figured I should be using the mostly but not totally unoccupied parallel parking lane (there is no continuous sidewalk or bike lane, and the parallel parking lane has some cars in it and ends suddenly).  I was almost hoping he'd give me a ticket so I could fight it and win it in court, but alas only a warning.  The experience has only made me want to do it MORE.
Ask for a badge number and report a complaint.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Are there any cycling advocate organizations in your area? They might be interested in building up a case that the local police department has a habit of harassing cyclists, so they might be interested in a report as well.

Pretty good advice on where you should bike from Florida DOT. In reference to 2010 law requiring cyclists to use bike lanes:
Occasionally, cyclists do get cited by police for failure to observe this law, perhaps even when the cyclist is exercising one of the listed exceptions. If this happens to you - don't argue with the police! You won't win! If you feel you were wrongly cited, please get all the pertinent information and forward it to your local Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator, or the [Florida Bicycle Association www.floridabicycle.org].

Remember that in Florida, it's legal for bicyclists to take the travel lane, even where there is a shoulder. Sometimes being in the travel lane, where you will be seen, may be preferable to being on the shoulder, where you might be overlooked. Riding the shoulder is still riding in traffic - don't let the paint think for you!

ProxyRetired

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2020, 08:39:39 PM »
I just rolled into work on my new (used) Surly Pugsley Fat Bike. Co-Workers are somewhere between scared as hell and confused as I have a ride that will get me to work in any conditions, including nuclear war or alien invasion.

jps

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2020, 09:12:19 AM »
I just rode my bike to work for the first time since moving to a house ~7 miles away!

It was a warm 32 degrees this morning. I live in an area with cold winters (and once in a while snowy, but mostly cold) and have been too much of a complainypants to start riding a bike to work, even though I've been wanting to for a long time. I have a road bike that I ride recreationally, and went for a long ride this weekend and thought "screw it, I'm going to do it."

Where I live reminds me of the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana (from Parks & Rec). Lots of pickup trucks, lots of people who would say "you can't bike in this town!", and lots of cars all on the way to work. There are a few main arterials that one would drive on to get from my house to work, and they're busy 4-lane roads in the morning and after work. Lots of people have said to me, "Oh you can't ride to work those roads wouldn't be safe!"

So, I took different roads. It was amazing. Several nice, quiet streets adorned with cute little houses all the way to work, only a few blocks from the main arterial roads. I barely road next to any cars the whole way. And for when I did, I had my flashing red lights.

Honestly, I think this was the best commute I've ever had. It took me 15 minutes less than the bus, and was 10x more pleasant. Thank you, bikes.

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2020, 11:15:18 AM »
I just rolled into work on my new (used) Surly Pugsley Fat Bike. Co-Workers are somewhere between scared as hell and confused as I have a ride that will get me to work in any conditions, including nuclear war or alien invasion.
I think nuclear war or alien invasion could prevent me from getting places on my bike.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »
I think nuclear war or alien invasion could prevent me from getting places on my bike.

I dunno.  You get pretty hardened after the first few years of bike commuting in a busy city.  :P

GreenToTheCore

• Bristles
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2020, 07:06:23 PM »
I just rode my bike to work for the first time since moving to a house ~7 miles away!
I have a road bike that I ride recreationally, and went for a long ride this weekend and thought "screw it, I'm going to do it."
Honestly, I think this was the best commute I've ever had. It took me 15 minutes less than the bus, and was 10x more pleasant. Thank you, bikes.

Heck yes, thanks for sharing!

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2020, 09:43:58 AM »
I agree that cycling is much more pleasant than riding a bus . In my area, I find that time actually traveling is about the same on bike or bus. Cycling has the advantage of not being confined to the bus schedule and route; but in my case that is mostly countered by typically changing clothes an extra time to cycle. If I cut out changing clothes, cycling would certainly save me a little time over riding the bus.

Kmp2

• Bristles
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
So, I took different roads. It was amazing. Several nice, quiet streets adorned with cute little houses all the way to work, only a few blocks from the main arterial roads. I barely road next to any cars the whole way. And for when I did, I had my flashing red lights.

Yes! The route you take biking is almost never the same one you would take driving.  Improved biking maps/pathfinding and fixing up missing links can really help people who are starting out.

I've definitely reached stage 5....

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2020, 02:46:51 PM »
Apocalypse proof commuter bikes are awesome!  While I have a drop bar road bike with skinny tires, ever since building up a Kona Unit 2X (added a front derailleur to the stupid 1x drive train it came with) with 29x3.0 tires it is my preferred rig for commuting.  Just more fun to sit more upright and have tires lashed to a steel frame that fear nothing.  I keep catching myself making motor noises as I barrel down the road...

I too am at step 5, riding in about 95% of the time, often creating looks of horror as drip my way down the hallway with a $#!T eating grin on my face in the morning.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:58:48 PM by moof »

GreenToTheCore

• Bristles
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »
Bikeyface has some great stuff :)

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »

Yes! The route you take biking is almost never the same one you would take driving.  Improved biking maps/pathfinding and fixing up missing links can really help people who are starting out.

Nice!  Only stage 4.5 here.  Though I nearly always ride when I'm not taking the whole family somewhere, I can't ever claim to be stage 5 while living in Southern CA. 

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2020, 04:43:39 AM »

DH is hardcore stage 5.

We had an epic storm recently to the point that the mayor told the public to stay home if possible. We are a city that is well equipped to handle epic snow storms, so this kind of announcement from the city is extremely rare.

DH could have stayed home, but instead he biked in because he finds the cats distracting when he works from home. Lol.

I literally didn't leave the house all day except to take the dog out and even then the dog looked at me like I was insane for taking him out in that snowy violence.

Kmp2

• Bristles
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2020, 08:47:04 AM »

Yes! Thank-you, I didn't even notice the image I picked up didn't mention the source.

Credit where credit is due... Bikeyface comics are wonderful!  If you ever have a safety moment, or topic for a meeting and want something about cycling, it's a good resource.

Staunch Aim

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2020, 06:06:39 PM »

Thanks for calling out the source.  I bike commute, but had never heard of Bikeyface.  I'll have to check it out.

stacheasaurus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
1st ride to work at new job!  13 miles one way, feels great! Might get addicted...

GreenToTheCore

• Bristles
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2020, 03:36:53 PM »
1st ride to work at new job!  13 miles one way, feels great! Might get addicted...

Ya, she's got one for that, too ;)

http://bikeyface.com/2016/03/18/habit-loop/

GreenToTheCore

• Bristles
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2020, 03:48:15 PM »
Thanks for calling out the source.  I bike commute, but had never heard of Bikeyface.  I'll have to check it out.

The first time I found her, I felt like someone was reading my mind. I didn't feel so alone as a biker anymore.
I agree with almost everything except for the propensity to prefer bike lanes to driver position. I feel like there's great situations for both driver position and separated bike infra, we don't need to divide ourselves into two fighting camps.
Enjoy!

Yes! Thank-you, I didn't even notice the image I picked up didn't mention the source.
Credit where credit is due... Bikeyface comics are wonderful!  If you ever have a safety moment, or topic for a meeting and want something about cycling, it's a good resource.
Shoot I didn't even notice, just automatically went "Bikeface, yaaas!"  :)