Author Topic: Badass or BadTaste...you decide  (Read 3080 times)

Neustache

• Handlebar Stache
Badass or BadTaste...you decide
« on: February 17, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
I'm quite tickled by this, and find it endearing.  Not my badassity, but my dad's.

My dad came over today with donuts and wanted to make coffee.  He asked if the grounds that were already in the maker (and had been used once) were from today or not.  I said they were from this morning, so he added a few more grounds, and used them again.  Then he told me sometimes he just adds more to yesterday's coffee grounds. 

LOL.  I love my dad.  But I'm not doing that, unless things get really bad and there's coffee rationing. 

willow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Badass or BadTaste...you decide
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
the question at large, did it taste good?

FIreDrill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »
I'll go with Badasstaste...

Neustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 06:20:53 PM »
I'm a mean drunk if I have more than 1.5 cups of coffee so I didn't imbibe.  My dad says it's good! 

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 06:38:10 PM »
If my grounds are still damp and warm from a previous pot, I'll add to them. I don't notice a taste difference. As soon as they're cold though, game off. Flavor change to me.

mandy_2002

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »
This is very similar to one of my favorite quotes:  You are frugal if you reuse a tea bag.  You are cheap if you give the second cup to a visitor. 

Since he's the one that made it, and he drank it, I'd say Badass.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 10:31:56 AM »
This is very similar to one of my favorite quotes:  You are frugal if you reuse a tea bag.  You are cheap if you give the second cup to a visitor. 

Since he's the one that made it, and he drank it, I'd say Badass.

Oh I LOVE this distinction! Excellent.

Neustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
Hahahaha!!! I like that definition.  Although.....

We had stayed the night at their (my mom and dad's) cabin over the weekend, and there's always a fight about coffee in the morning. Not a fight-fight, just a race to see who loads it up because my dad will go for his Folgers, and I will put in nicer coffee that we brought down.  I think my dad sincerely loves Folgers, and hates the Dunkin Donuts coffee we bring.

So Sunday morning, we come up to the kitchen, and my dad has already started coffee.  Darn it! He beat us to it.  I know it's Folgers, and I politely decline a cup, while my hubby chooses to imbibe.  It smelled pretty bad.   Later (when we are alone) my husband tells me it was terrible. 

I am later relaying the above anecdote to my hubby and replies "What did I drink on Sunday?!?"  LOL.   I can't be sure, but if my dad has a habit of this, he may have done it.  But he is not cheap - just a creature of habit. 

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »
I do this if the grounds are fresh.  The first time I casually asked the Hub, "Does the coffee seem thin to you?" without explaining why.  He said no.