Author Topic: Badass mustachian buy of the day  (Read 4156 times)

spartana

• Bristles
  • FIREd at 36
Badass mustachian buy of the day
« on: August 26, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:02:55 AM by spartana »

GenXbiker

• Bristles
Re: Badass mustachian buy of the day
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
Congratulations.  I'm still using an ~8 year old Toro Personal Pace that cost me about $360.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »
Went to an estate sale today and found a bunch of axes and hatchets in the corner of the shop, got them all for $20.  Most are in rough shape, but all are vintage and good quality, one is a USA-made boy scouts hatchet from the early '50s which i will restore and use for camping.  Another is a Swedish double-sided axe which i will also restore.  The extras i'll sell as-is and easily make my $20 back. 

Gone_Hiking

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Mine: almost new push/reel mower for $5! What's yours?

Great find!  Nice lawn and a workout in one.

EarthSurfer

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:14:43 PM »
I bought nothing. Nothing to use, repair or store. No extra space required.

Actually, I bought my life back.

Isn't that the true Mustachian purchase of the day?

CrazyIT

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 01:00:03 PM »
so true. That's my general day to day existence but sometimes you've just got to mow that little patch of grass growing in front of your van down by the river ;-).
[/quote]

That made me LMAO!!!!!!

Chris Farley!  (Tommy boy is my all time fav!!)

I have nothing badass to add but laughing is free

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »
"$110" of stuff from the drug store (formula, nappies.. chocolate... nuts... milk!) for "$9".

Depends how you look at it, but they had a 20% off coupon and I redeemed $85 of points. Now, to accumulate the points you can either "pay full price and get free" like this... or discount the purchase cost while accumulating and say you only got 20% off today. I dunno. Either way, you don't get points when you redeem points which is fair enough, but I did get 20% off!

Capt j-rod

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
I think that buying, fixing and reselling is a great way to flex your stache. I do it all the time. Nice score on the mower.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
I admit it's a luxury, but one that I wanted, lol.

I took a meat smoking class yesterday.  I've done a little, have pellet grill and a tiny "Little Chief" smoker.  I don't use the smoker much because it's a lot of work for just a little bit of smoked meat.  I would love to be able to do a ton of jerky all at once (right now I use the dehydrator, but smoked is so much better). 

Last night, I went to a "volunteer appreciation dinner" at the Senior Center, where I help make quilts (they raffle some to make money for the center, we sell some at bazaars, and others will be donated to Meals on Wheels recipients).  I'm the youngest in the group, in my 30s.  One of the ladies asked if I had had the day off, and I said that I had, and mentioned my class.  She asked if I had a smoker, and I said yes, but just a tiny one.  She asked if I wanted a big one for $10!  Of course I do!  I don't know the brand yet, but she said it was between waist and chest high, and I could smoke three turkeys at a time.  I pick it up next week :)  She's happy to be rid of it (it was her husband's, who is now in assisted living), and I'm happy to have it, so it's a win for everybody.

Raskolnikov

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 09:48:34 PM »
It was fourteen years ago, but I felt like I hacked life before that was even a thing.

I bought a weight set from a co-worker for $400: included was a squat rack, brand new 45lb barbell, 25lb through 45lb dumbbells, E-Z curl bar, adjustable bench, and gobs of plates from 5lb through 45lb.

I've used this home weight set for the past 14 years to supplement my work-subsidized gym membership. I even sold off some of the extra plates last year for $125. Overall, this was one of my better investments.
http://www.theprosperouscossack.com/2017/03/05/buildingstrengthonyourownterms/

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!