Author Topic: Another Milestone Post  (Read 1756 times)

MelodysMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Another Milestone Post
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
Today my retirement accounts hit 250k!  There is more in my savings account and home equity, but it was nice to see those accounts hit that number.  :)

Suit

• Bristles
Re: Another Milestone Post
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:41:58 PM »
Yay! Exciting! I can't wait until I'm there too!

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:49:09 PM »
When you reach 250k things get really crazy.  If you track it daily you start seeing huge swings in value if your money is in the stock market.  Movements of $10,000 up and down occur often.  It can take a bit of mental adjustment to deal with the swings.  Even though the swings get even bigger, you care less about them as your accounts grow larger.  Where I'm at now I see value changes in the course of a week that could buy a really nice automobile.   People pay interest for years to buy cars.  With 250k now your accounts will grow through being Mustachian to the point where just your interest will be enough to buy a brand new car every few months.  Not that you would be that silly.  I drive an 11 year old Dodge Van and I smile going down the road knowing that most of the vehicles I pass are part owned by a bank.  I have no one to impress with a fancy new car.  My van hauls my boat trailer, I can haul around our bikes and if I get sleepy it has a queen size bed in the back.  No need for a hotel.   
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:51:19 PM by Bateauxdriver »

Thedudeabides

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:00:33 AM »
Woohoo! Congrats. Gotta love it!