Author Topic: Achievement unlocked: Closer job!  (Read 2489 times)

purplish

• Stubble
Achievement unlocked: Closer job!
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »
Finally quit my job which was 22 miles away (morning commute was awful!).  I will be starting a new job, in a higher position only 3.7 miles away :)  I'm so psyched, this will really be so much better than sitting in traffic for hours!  My next goal is to continue working full time till I am licensed (another year or so), and then scale back a bit.

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
Re: Achievement unlocked: Closer job!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:28:18 PM »
I hope you are considering a bicycle or walk commute now that you are so close. That will really make your new job badass (not that it is not already)

Left

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:35:12 PM »
Nice, I changed jobs to be closer too, still 20 miles away :(

Yeah try riding a bike if there isn't hills. Hills, because they are midget devils to me that just won't let me ride in peace. >.> Hateful things they are. Anyways, congrats on the new job.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:31 AM »
Hahaha... The last 19 months I took a job 80 miles away from home.

It was a kickass job.. An Engineer's dream that required a professional engineering license just to apply... Well paid..

But boy I was glad when I FIRED from that..:)

purplish

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »
I hope you are considering a bicycle or walk commute now that you are so close. That will really make your new job badass (not that it is not already)

I have to see if it's bike-able, it's off some main roads which may or may not be safe to ride on.  Even if it's not, I have a Honda Fit which gets good gas mileage anyway.  I'll have to figure that out once I start.

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »
I recommended playing around with various routes using Google Maps bicycle route tab.  Here is a post I wrote on the subject.

http://www.businesscasualbiker.com/google-maps-which-way-do-i-go/

Cadillac Escalade <<<<<<<<<Honda Fit <<<<< Bicycle ;-)

Bike beats Fit mainly because of the exercise and outdoor exposure factors in my opinion.