Author Topic: Accidentally exceeded fitness goals, lol whoops  (Read 4319 times)

HP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Accidentally exceeded fitness goals, lol whoops
« on: May 10, 2015, 06:11:10 PM »
I can walk 6 miles. I'm so proud of myself I could cry.

Hips are a bit stiff and achy, but my goal was 4 (previously I tuckered out at 3) and I got distracted and ended up walking somewhere between 6-7. Do that a few more times and I'll feel ready for the 6mi hikes I have planned this summer.

Eventually I want to be able to walk 12mi/day-- used to be able to do that before, but then I had some health issues that left me mostly housebound for the last five years. Feeling a lot better these days and it's simply awesome.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Accidentally exceeded fitness goals, lol whoops
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »
Nice! Congrats!

minority_finance_mo

• Pencil Stache
    • Minority Finance
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »
Nice - way to go!

Annamal

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:48:23 PM »
I can walk 6 miles. I'm so proud of myself I could cry.

Hips are a bit stiff and achy, but my goal was 4 (previously I tuckered out at 3) and I got distracted and ended up walking somewhere between 6-7. Do that a few more times and I'll feel ready for the 6mi hikes I have planned this summer.

Eventually I want to be able to walk 12mi/day-- used to be able to do that before, but then I had some health issues that left me mostly housebound for the last five years. Feeling a lot better these days and it's simply awesome.

Congratulations :)
I have this theory that in some ways getting absorbed in walking is very close to meditation (or at the very least very good for clearing the brain).

HP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »
I have this theory that in some ways getting absorbed in walking is very close to meditation (or at the very least very good for clearing the brain).

I think I've experienced something similar. I prefer walking to biking for that reason among others-- I have to pay more attention when I'm biking and can't afford to get lost in thought.

However, this particular time I had a walking companion providing stimulating conversation. :)

vivek440

• Stubble
    • Adventures of an Indian Couple after their Financial Independence
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 07:34:15 PM »
Nice....... Congratulations!

Cougar

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »

Congrats !

Keep it up and dont worry about setbacks or if you need to take days off, your body needs time to heal and recover as you get in better shape. i would look to make improvements on a monthly basis; by labor day you will probably have exceeded all your expectations.

HP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »

Congrats !

Keep it up and dont worry about setbacks or if you need to take days off, your body needs time to heal and recover as you get in better shape. i would look to make improvements on a monthly basis; by labor day you will probably have exceeded all your expectations.

Thanks, I do take days off at a time-- normally I'm only able to go for a long walk about once a week. But if I add a mile every week, then that's well over 12 miles by labour day, so you estimation is pretty accurate. :) Though I know there will be several consecutive weeks in there where I'll be out of town and that may throw some kinks as I'll be stuck in my seat for the majority of that time. Bleagh.

SenoritaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 11:25:55 AM »
Way to kick some walking booty!! 😎

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 03:36:02 PM »
Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to be able to use your body to do what you want it to?

HP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
Doesn't it feel great to be able to use your body to do what you want it to?

YAASSSSS. omg yes. There are no words for just how liberating it is to have a (relatively) normally functioning body after it's been on hiatus for a while.

WESTOFTHEHUDSON

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 11:11:58 PM »
Great work!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!