Author Topic: A few phone calls and one short trip  (Read 1945 times)

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
A few phone calls and one short trip
« on: July 30, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
and I've saved well over $500 if not  $1,000 for the year. :)

• Called my home insurance company, and raised my deductible to the highest allowed (around $5,000). I can cover that easily, and by raising it, I've shaved off $300/year.
  • Called my car insurance, raised the deductible to the limits on that one (again, easily covered with my stash) and now saving $200/year.
  • Called my cell phone provider, AT&T. Have two 3G iPhones with data plans, costing $150/month (was pre-MMM). Rejiggered the plans, and got a "longevity" discount and knocked the plan total for both down to $85. Savings of $65/month. (we use wifi whenever possible, and neither of us text, so our usage was considered "light.")
  • Today, just went in to protest my property tax rate. 2012 assessed at $93,300, and this year they wanted it raised up to $100,200. House needs work, and took lots of photos of the stuff that needs updating/fixing, and presented against their comparisons to houses recently sold (with lots of upgrades and remodeled rooms). Was hoping to stay the same rate, got even better - new assessment is $91,000! We have high property taxes, so I'm figuring on saving several hundred, at least!

downtownshuter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: A few phone calls and one short trip
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »
awesome, congrats! i did a few of these myself recently. looking forward to my VZW contract being over in october.

footenote

• Pencil Stache
  • MMMing in MN
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
Great job! I was pleasantly surprised that switching from Verizon to Republic is going to save our two-phone household $1,400. per year. We also recently switched insurers (house and car) and will save about $300. per year there.

N

• Handlebar Stache
  • You must change your life. -Rainer Maria Rilke
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
niiiiiice

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!