Author Topic: A beginner's step!  (Read 2003 times)

jhlp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
A beginner's step!
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:26:02 AM »
Hi all! I am BRAND new to MMM and have a lot to learn. Just bought a (small) home in a small city close to where I work, and as a first-time homeowner am enjoying learning how to solve problems myself. Our little deck is really dirty and in the past I probably would have hired someone to clean it. But yesterday, I borrowed a friend's power washer, went to home depot to get a hose & adapter to run through our shower, and did it myself. Successes: didn't buy anything extra than what I planned, learned something new, felt accomplished, spent time outside! I feel awesome!

Not a millionaire by any stretch and definitely in the "first steps" category but I felt great about it.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
Re: A beginner's step!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:35:38 AM »
Well done!  Congrats.

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »
We used a pressure washer to clean the house before we painted it. I gave the wand to my wife because "she wanted to try" and never got it back lol. She was having so much fun blasting peeling paint off the house. Good job on your project though. We ended up completely remodeling that house and learned so much in the process. Just remember YouTube is your friend. Also if there is a small hardware store (not Lowe's or HD) the people running them are normally good for some basic information. As long as your able to explain everything good enough.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 07:24:20 AM »
Good start.

You learned something new and didn't pay someone else $ to do it for you.  This is actually 2 wins!!!!

Welcome to the MMM Forum.  It is a great place to be!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!