General Discussion > Share Your Badassity

70 lbs lost, 3 months at ideal weight

(1/5) > >>

koshtra:
So it's been three months, and I feel solid enough to say it out loud: I think I've achieved the weight loss.

Started May 2017 at 225 lbs, and lost five pounds per month for 14 months. I've been at 155 lbs for three months now. There's nothing magic about having leveled off: I still have to be as careful and precise about what I eat as when I was losing weight. No autopilot has kicked in.

It's a lot of work, but my life is low-stress enough now that I can pull it off.

It makes me really, really happy. My blood pressure has dropped way down. Working out is a pleasure. I look at myself in the mirror with a pleased perplexity: who the hell is that? All kinds of muscle definition. Realio trulio abs.

The best part of it is how easy it is to move. No lurching up off the couch; no getting worn out just by standing around. I float from place to place, effortlessly. It's like teleporting.

MMM and this forum really helped carry me through: Mustachian optimism and bringing intelligence and attention to my daily habits. Leaning into it and doing what it takes. Doing the research, planning and tinkering, setting up systems, monitoring results. So thanks, y'all. You helped make this possible.

koshtra:
So it's been three months, and I feel solid enough to say it out loud: I think I've achieved the weight loss.

Started May 2017 at 225 lbs, and lost five pounds per month for 14 months. I've been at 155 lbs for three months now. There's nothing magic about having leveled off: I still have to be as careful and precise about what I eat as when I was losing weight. No autopilot has kicked in.

It's a lot of work, but my life is low-stress enough now that I can pull it off.

It makes me really, really happy. My blood pressure has dropped way down. Working out is a pleasure. I look at myself in the mirror with a pleased perplexity: who the hell is that? All kinds of muscle definition. Realio trulio abs.

The best part of it is how easy it is to move. No lurching up off the couch; no getting worn out just by standing around. I float from place to place, effortlessly. It's like teleporting.

MMM and this forum really helped carry me through: Mustachian optimism and bringing intelligence and attention to my daily habits. Leaning into it and doing what it takes. Doing the research, planning and tinkering, setting up systems, monitoring results. So thanks, y'all. You helped make this possible.

koshtra:
(oops, sorry about the double post. Didn't think the first one took.)

expatartist:
Congratulations, way to go!!! Your enthusiasm is contagious and inspirational.

MilesTeg:

--- Quote from: koshtra on October 19, 2018, 10:22:03 AM ---So it's been three months, and I feel solid enough to say it out loud: I think I've achieved the weight loss.

--- End quote ---

Nice work! Truly badass.

You seem to have figured out what most dieters struggle with: you don't go "on a diet", you have to change your lifestyle or it just all comes back. Badassity indeed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version