Author Topic: 37 year old mom finishes college!  (Read 2165 times)

Melissa

• Stubble
37 year old mom finishes college!
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
I graduated in June with an Associates Degree in Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant and just found out today that I passed my Board exam to obtain my license to practice!

Initially I was worried about the time and money invested.  With HOPE credit though we figured the total bill came out to $10,000 (includes all the gas money for the 80 mile commute multiple days each week).  With the current job market I will easily make that money back.  Around here a part-time PTA can make $22-25/hour.

Now that my children are getting older (13, 11, and 10) I feel like I can easily go out and work part-time.  We were already slated for FI in 8 years but now I can help contribute to the 'stache when I get my first job and I am hoping we can hit it even sooner.

Just wanted to post to let anyone know that if you want something bad enough it is achievable

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
Re: 37 year old mom finishes college!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
Congratulations! It'll be nice to be done with that drive...

James

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 37 year old mom finishes college!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
That's awesome!  My wife is also 37 and working on her college degree, though she has a few years left.  It's always good to have that ability to produce a good income when desired, and moving up FI date will be greatly appreciated as it gets closer.