Author Topic: For Us Cigar Sucka Pants  (Read 3393 times)

apfroggy0408

• Stubble
For Us Cigar Sucka Pants
« on: June 25, 2014, 06:25:49 AM »
In my pre mustache days I'd spend far too much money going to cigar shops and buying cigars on occasion for a smoke once or twice a week. At least I wasn't having a smoke everyday and getting them from the cigar shops...

I continue to have about 2 cigars a week, sometimes not at all.

Anyways for anyone else that is like me, a cigar sucka pants, I give you holts.com.

A few months ago I scored 30 cigars for $40 bucks shipped, at $1.33/cigar. That includes some cigars that would have normally cost 4-5 times as much at the local store and a set of 20 cigars I've been pleasantly surprised with at $1 cigar. I still have many of these cigars in my humidor.

I also just bought a 10 pack of NUB Cameroon's yesterday for $33 shipped, at $3.33/cigar. These cigars would typically cost $8-9 a pop locally.

I only buy these cigars on their "special" days which includes weekends and random days throughout the week.

I don't count these as savings because I'm still a sucka pants for buying something I don't really need but it's nice to not spend so much on the little things!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: For Us Cigar Sucka Pants
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:44:23 AM »
Bravo for making your expensive addiction that simultaneously kills you and pollutes your house slightly less expensive?  :P

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:01 PM »
Have you tried http://www.thompsoncigar.com/?  Can go below $1 each on sale and they are still smokable.

EricL

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »
Check out http://www.mrbundles.com

Uncle Mikey is da Bomb!

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 06:58:11 AM »
Bravo for making your expensive addiction that simultaneously kills you and pollutes your house slightly less expensive?  :P
I smoke mine on the back patio.

apfroggy0408

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:04 AM »
Thanks for the links guys, I'll have to look into them in the future, but for now my humidor is stacked!

Must. Not. Buy. Bigger. Humidor.

OutBy40

• Stubble
    • ThinkSaveRetire.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »
I know this hasn't been posted to in a long time, but I enjoy a good cigar, but also want to do it on the cheap.  Any other cheap outlets that you guys know of?

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Thanks for the links guys, I'll have to look into them in the future, but for now my humidor is stacked!

Must. Not. Buy. Bigger. Humidor.
Found a 5-drawer humidor at an auction that I bought for $20 because the lock didn't work.  Lock still doesn't work, but it holds the cigars in the shop.  Our normal humidity is around 70% which is just fine for storing cigars.