Author Topic: "Help me lower my interest" Ha-ha.  (Read 2703 times)

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
"Help me lower my interest" Ha-ha.
« on: March 31, 2016, 01:12:26 PM »
I was just in the bank today getting a little cash for walking around money, when the teller said (sounded like a rote thing they say to everybody) to let her know if I need some help lowering my interest rates.  I said, "Thank you, but I am not paying any interest on anything." She looked real surprised, and said, "Well, good for you!"

Bwa-ha-ha-ha. I love owning myself, and not owing a penny to anyone.

New Mom and Dad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: "Help me lower my interest" Ha-ha.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »
I wish this had a like button.

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »
Good for you !
Next time you're looking at a car and they ask you "what kind of payments are you looking for?"   Tell them "One".

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:24:16 PM »
Yeah, that reminds me of the last time I bought a car. They kept pushing all this financing on me...and I'm like, "No thanks, I'll just do a cash deal." And they kept trying to push financing on me...like they either couldn't hear me or didn't believe me. I just kept repeating "Cash deal.", "Cash deal.", "Cash deal." So hilarious.

forummm

• Walrus Stache
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »
I get offers in the mail or by phone for the same thing--usually for a car loan refi. I tell the callers that if they can beat 0%, they have my business.

desk_jockey

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 02:57:01 PM »
...when the teller said to let her know if I need some help lowering my interest rates. 

No thank you.  You have lowered my interest rates quite enough already.  In fact you're paying me hardly any interest at all now.   I need your help raising my interest rates.   

JZinCO

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »
Congrats OP.

Every six months or so, there seems to be a reason to go in person to a bank and speak to a banker. They always want to pitch products. I've learnt to drop enough bread crumbs for them to realize it ain't worth giving me their pitch. Sometimes they'll ask 'oh what balance are you carrying?' or 'what's your other bank's rate?' and then stop at the answer.

The last time I went into a bank, I told the banker upfront "I'm going to open this account meet the requirements, take my money, the bonus, and go. If you want me to get a credit card it must have a promotion providing X and if you want to sell your CDs, investment options, mortgages, savings, etc they must meet my terms.". After that the banker understood I was that small percent of customers that will be a net loss and worked with me to make sure I was successful in using their promotion.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!