Author Topic: $6500 worth of free airline tickets  (Read 3066 times)

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
$6500 worth of free airline tickets
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:48:11 PM »
As the title says, $6500 worth of tickets on Asiana for 3 adults and two children from JFK to ICN (Seoul International).

All thanks to Brad and Alexi at travel miles 101, they're on these forums as well.  Currently in the (free) apartment in Seoul where I first stumbled across MMM 3 years ago.  Trippy.

Am working on my next 500,000 miles as we speak by opening up a chase business ink plus.  Went from 2k miles to 82k in the past month.

JoshuaSpodek

• Bristles
    • Leadership, values, meaning, purpose, importance, passion
Re: $6500 worth of free airline tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »
On a related note, since I stopped flying to reduce pollution, I have 186,000 points I may never use. They only let me use them for flying, car rental, and hotels.

I can use them for other people.

If anyone wants to buy their tickets with them and split the difference, I'm happy to. Here are two pages for how to use the ones I have:

https://upgradedpoints.com/how-to-redeem-british-airways-avios

https://thepointsguy.com/2015/01/best-ways-to-redeem-british-airways-avios/

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »
On a related note, since I stopped flying to reduce pollution, I have 186,000 points I may never use. They only let me use them for flying, car rental, and hotels.

If anyone wants to buy their tickets with them and split the difference, I'm happy to. Here are two pages for how to use the ones I have:

Eh?  What does this have to do with what I posted?

Ok looking at your most recent posts, it seems to be just a nauseating peal of your echolalia.  Perhaps you could keep that in the other thread?

I flew across the world to show my dying grandmother a first and last look at her great grandchildren.  Not to widen my horizons through travel or whatever neatly wrapped up points you have ready-made counterarguments to with your myopic regurgitation.  My life and yours may have little overlap with the exception of this forum, but you couldn't possibly know that. 

To have an objection to a specific form of travel is highly...specific.  The utility of that specific form of travel to the user can be extremely high, and can use different metrics than what you have available to you.  That coupled with your tendency to make sweeping statements makes your viewpoint highly simplistic, and at the very least unpalatable. 

Why not try to strike the tone in your INC articles, one of airiness and inspiration, instead of this holier-than-thou dreck you've resorted to on these forums?  To quote one of your inc articles, challenge yourself to think, and grow.

JoshuaSpodek

• Bristles
    • Leadership, values, meaning, purpose, importance, passion
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »
I'm trying to offer people discounted flights. I'm not going to use the points. If other people can, then we can split the difference. I don't know why you referred to other posts in other threads. I didn't and they seem irrelevant. Then you editorialized about them, which I also don't see as relevant.

I clicked on your post since it seemed relevant and then posted here since I thought others might find it relevant and profitable. If you prefer I remove it, let me know and I'll take it down.

The Money Monk

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 01:28:38 AM »

Ok looking at your most recent posts, it seems to be just a nauseating peal of your echolalia.  Perhaps you could keep that in the other thread?

I flew across the world to show my dying grandmother a first and last look at her great grandchildren.  Not to widen my horizons through travel or whatever neatly wrapped up points you have ready-made counterarguments to with your myopic regurgitation.  My life and yours may have little overlap with the exception of this forum, but you couldn't possibly know that. 

To have an objection to a specific form of travel is highly...specific.  The utility of that specific form of travel to the user can be extremely high, and can use different metrics than what you have available to you.  That coupled with your tendency to make sweeping statements makes your viewpoint highly simplistic, and at the very least unpalatable. 

Why not try to strike the tone in your INC articles, one of airiness and inspiration, instead of this holier-than-thou dreck you've resorted to on these forums?  To quote one of your inc articles, challenge yourself to think, and grow.

lol fatality

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 03:31:10 AM »

Gotta say, this rebuttal made me smile!

Perhaps Mr. Spodek would consider donating his miles to charity, instead of attempting to make money from a practice he considers dirty. I'm thinking of Doctors Without Borders, the Red Cross, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, to name just a few. All of them have the bonus of being tax-deductible, should he itemize.

Back to your original point, OP: Nice job! At the moment, we are 1125 miles from home. We flew this distance to celebrate our granddaughter's first birthday. Her other grandparents flew 1828 miles. I guess that makes all of us bad people in Mr. Spodek's eyes. I can live with that.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!