Author Topic: $2312 in change  (Read 3381 times)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
$2312 in change
« on: August 01, 2014, 06:52:52 AM »
My family ( 4 kids) and us travel a lot for soccer and to be honest its not cheap. Its the one "Want" however that we are willing to sacrifice most things for because our kids love it, all excel at it and we get to spend some good quality time together. Not to mention I like the fact that our kids are exposed to alot of things socially that others are not, see no color, dont have insecurites and already 2 older ones are being courted by colleges.  But the problem is with 4 kids to many times my wife goes one way and i go the other and or we cant obviously take all 6 to a soccer match.  We have a beautiful place up North that's paid for we have had for 18 years but instead of getting up there 16-20x's a year we get up there once a year so have been trying to sell it now this is the third year. I have lowered the price seemingly on going but people just are not buying second properties.  I have sold all the toys (boats, snowmobiles etc...) so once we sell this will further our stash cash and I am hoping to buy a rental property with the proceeds. Our house is paid for and once the cabin sells we will sell this next and buy something for half the price.  I just dropped the price again yesterday.  Anyhow we want to get back more of doing family "stuff" as a whole so we have decided to start cutting back on some of the Soccer and save for at least once a year if not twice a nice vacation. For awhile now I have been saving my change and put in one of those big water bottles you see in offices to get a drink. I filled one about half way and got to heavy so filled another one half way.  My goal is to move in the next year or 2 Totally retired and Move to NC or CO so we are going to take a trip to NC.  Just by always saving my change intentionally i cashed in the jars for our Vacation fund and it came to $2312. Though it be more than that and yes I could of banked it instead but this was well before MMM and found an easy and challenging way to save.  Anyhow not sure its Badassity but never-the-less it puts our Vacation Fund over 3k already.  For the record it took about 3 years to save that much.  So save your penny s they add-up!

shotgunwilly

• Pencil Stache
Re: $2312 in change
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:16:46 AM »
Awesome. I love cashing my change in, although I've never amassed anywhere near that much!

Calvawt

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:41:53 PM »
That is an incredible amount of change.  Congrats! 

Leads me to a question though... how much are you spending in purchases to be generating that amount of change (that is a lot of transactions to be getting that kind of cash flow in coins)???

lpep

• Bristles
    • My MMM journal
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:45 AM »
I'm from NC! In my last job I traveled to about 20 different states around the country, some a few times... never found anywhere as beautiful as North Carolina.

Let me know if you want any inside info.

Also, please don't judge us by what our state politicians do.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 05:49:22 AM »
Can you rent out the cabin through Airbnb or something? Maybe a neighbor up there who is willing to manage it in exchange for a cut of the rent?