Author Topic: Where to find deals for rentals?  (Read 2073 times)

Jules13

• Stubble
    • January Girl
Where to find deals for rentals?
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:20:39 PM »
This has probably already been discussed and if so, please direct me to thread.  I have been thinking about buying a rental.  I live in a ridiculously popular neighborhood with very few rentals.  My neighbor recently bought a 2 BR/1 BA that was for sale on our street (no where near a deal) and listed it for rent for $1700/month.  Had 40 people email her the first day.  I was not even surprised when she told me this. 

I have read about the 1% rule and feel sure that there are probably still some of these to be found in/near where I live.  There would definitely be some rehab involved, but I'm kinda looking to take on a challenge....maybe. 

Where do you all find your deals for rentals?  I have another question too that I will ask in another thread.

Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Jules13

• Stubble
    • January Girl
Re: Where to find deals for rentals?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
Thanks.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »
No problem.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Fishingmn

• Bristles
  • You never have to recover from a good start
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:56:38 AM »
This is a very recent guide that may be helpful - http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/04/09/direct-mail/

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!