Author Topic: What type of ceiling fan do you put in the smaller bedroom of your rentals?  (Read 1966 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
I have one that when the tenant turns it on, it starts very slow and finally gets up to a decent speed but not as fast as the one that runs in the other non-Master bedroom.

I'm looking to buy another one.  The current one is a white with gold trim Hampton Bay fan.

Any recommendations?   I'm going for functional and cost effective.

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
Small bedroom usually means a 44 inch fan.  Should be a nice looking Hampton Bay for under $70.  Maybe less on sale.  Don't get the cheapest one.  Those don't hold up.

NoNonsenseLandlord

• Bristles
    • No Nonsense Landlord
Take the ceiling fans out.  It is one more thing for you to clean as the tenant will forget.

Drifterrider

• Handlebar Stache
Take the ceiling fans out.  It is one more thing for you to clean as the tenant will forget.

+1.
I don't supply fans.  If the tenant wants one they can install one and become responsible for it (and any damage caused by installation).

Save yourself a headache.

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
Ceiling fans can significantly cut cooling costs.  They are expected and are pretty much a necessity in the desert. Tenants look for them.

KarefulKactus15

• Handlebar Stache

I like this, but in the south it seems almost cruel.         Maybe I have too big of a heart.. lol, I could never do low income housing for that reason. Id always lose money.

KarefulKactus15

• Handlebar Stache

I like this, but in the south it seems almost cruel.         Maybe I have too big of a heart.. lol, I could never do low income housing for that reason. Id always lose money.

Also, if you are hanging the fan, I suggest only buying fans that include the easy hang kit (most new fans use them).  It is a little hanger you can hang the unit on while connecting the wiring.

So for example the most basic fan I would feel comfortable installing in a small bedroom is this one. It comes with the hanger so you can easily install this yourself.  28$

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Littleton-42-in-White-Ceiling-Fan-UB42SWH-SH/204492480

If you need to be fancy 10$ more gets you brushed nickle and 2 inches larger size.

A fan like this can be installed in less than an hour.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:38:12 AM by Kroaler »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!