Author Topic: What's Your Biggest Question About Creating Passive Income Through Rentals?  (Read 2345 times)

brian.ellwood

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • BrianEllwood.net
What's up guys? My name is Brian Ellwood.

I spent many years in a cubicle, then about 7 years as a RE investor before I was able to crack the code and buy enough rental properties to cover my bills, freeing me from the need to work anymore.

I now have a mission, to help others replace their income with passive income so they can retire early, spend more time with loved ones, travel, and do what they want.

But, a lot of times it's unclear as to what is holding people back. I take certain things for granted that other people are still hung up on.

So help me help you...

What's your biggest question about creating passive income through rental properties?

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
Re: What's Your Biggest Question About Creating Passive Income Through Rentals?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »
  No questions at all. It works. Your timing was great to go hard at it after the biggest RE meltdown of recent history.

Capt j-rod

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »
 I am hanging drywall in #5 this week. I do all the work myself now that I have them up and running. Do you pay cash or carry mortgages? I have a tri-plex that I carry a small mortgage on and two single family homes that I paid cash for. The redundancy of the three units pretty much guarantees the payment. My only words of wisdom to potential landlords is that you need to do the work. If I wrote checks for the repairs they wouldn't be nearly as lucrative.

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
Yeah, I made a freaking ton of money on RE in the last decade too. So did everyone who bought pretty much anything.

What specific advice were you planning to hand out? Everything basic has been pretty thoroughly covered at this point.

-W

tralfamadorian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
My biggest question about creating passive income through rental properties is why real estate attracts so many self proclaimed gurus hocking mastermind classes when everything you need to know is available from youtube and your local library?

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »
Yeah, I made a freaking ton of money on RE in the last decade too. So did everyone who bought pretty much anything.

What specific advice were you planning to hand out? Everything basic has been pretty thoroughly covered at this point.

-W

He is not handing out advice.  He is selling a product.  Actually, a line of products.

ecchastang

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 07:02:52 AM »
The best advice for making passive income in real estate is go buy property just about anywhere in 2010-2013.  It works nearly every time!

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 04:22:52 PM »
For only $10,000, you too can learn my "DeLorean Real Estate Investing Strategy"

Warning: my technique requires plutonium and lightning bolts. But jumpin' gigawatts, it'll get you instant results when you snap up properties in 2010! It's also good for buying stocks post-crash in 2008 - that's a separate add-on course.

-W

Capt j-rod

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »
You guys are a little harsh. For guys like me that worked the trades for years, there is good money in Realestate. The start-up money is tough, but that's what makes mustachians special, we have a way of accumulating wealth. Even with the market exploding around me I was able to buy a house on a bad foundation for 40% of it's finished value. I pour my own concrete and lay my own block. It is hard work, but it will put another rental in the portfolio in a great neighborhood. The site was created for us to compare notes and seek advice. What if the OP was actually trying to help someone who had questions?

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 05:50:20 PM »
You guys are a little harsh. For guys like me that worked the trades for years, there is good money in Realestate. The start-up money is tough, but that's what makes mustachians special, we have a way of accumulating wealth. Even with the market exploding around me I was able to buy a house on a bad foundation for 40% of it's finished value. I pour my own concrete and lay my own block. It is hard work, but it will put another rental in the portfolio in a great neighborhood. The site was created for us to compare notes and seek advice. What if the OP was actually trying to help someone who had questions?

Go look at his website.  He is peddling his "information."  If you want to read an informative thread where information and experiences are shared, have a look at Sammybiker's current thread on his adventures in Houston.

ecchastang

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
I invest in real estate as well, and think it is a great wealth building tool, but there is no magic secret, and certainly not more than all of the free info out there.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
My biggest question about creating passive income through rental properties is why real estate attracts so many self proclaimed gurus hocking mastermind classes when everything you need to know is available from youtube and your local library?

Boom, nailed it.