Author Topic: Turn Key Rentals - Thoughts?  (Read 21327 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Turn Key Rentals - Thoughts?
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
Great post, sammybiker.  Thanks for sharing, some good ideas in there.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 02:35:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply, arebelspy.  I read your thread awhile back and it's great to see what you're doing.  There is a lot negative feedback with out of state investing and while it should never be classified as passive or easy, it's doable...and the rewards, especially if you're priced out of your local markets (or they just don't make sense) are great.

Thanks for the post Sammy, that is helpful and detailed, lot to chew on there.

ali-boone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • business owner, investor, adventurer, pilot
    • Hipster Investments
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
Well hi everyone. I'm quite late to this chain...I didn't even know this website existed (I like it though!). I happened to stumble on mentions of me on here in a random google search, so was just now able to check those out. Years late, but hey...

Not sure anyone who had opinions of me is still active on here or cares to get into it, but I'm here if you care to hit me up about it. At the time this was posted, I had only been to 1 BP meetup (and I don't even talk much at those things unless people ask me questions), so not sure the reference there, and I certainly own more than 2 turnkeys. Most importantly, I've never made a claim to be a hipster. Hippy maybe, but not a hipster. :)

Sorry you guys have such opinions of me. Since I have no idea who you are, I can't offer much. I will throw out there- if you have such strong opinions, shoot them my way next time instead of hiding behind an avatar. I always welcome feedback.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 10:02:23 PM »
Well hi everyone. I'm quite late to this chain...I didn't even know this website existed (I like it though!). I happened to stumble on mentions of me on here in a random google search, so was just now able to check those out. Years late, but hey...

Welcome!

Not sure anyone who had opinions of me is still active on here or cares to get into it, but I'm here if you care to hit me up about it. At the time this was posted, I had only been to 1 BP meetup (and I don't even talk much at those things unless people ask me questions), so not sure the reference there, and I certainly own more than 2 turnkeys.

My impression was that you quit your job after purchasing your first two turn key properties. Is that not correct?

Most importantly, I've never made a claim to be a hipster. Hippy maybe, but not a hipster. :)

The email in your signature sure seems to imply differently. If you are not claiming to be a hipster, your company name is an odd choice, and you may want to reevaluate the message it's sending out.

Sorry you guys have such opinions of me. Since I have no idea who you are, I can't offer much. I will throw out there- if you have such strong opinions, shoot them my way next time instead of hiding behind an avatar. I always welcome feedback.

I don't think anyone's "hiding" behind an avatar. That's my real face. I use my real name. I was at FinCon this past weekend, and met some BiggerPockets contributors.

I haven't read BP in a few years, so I don't know how you've evolved. The 3+ years since this thread was active is certainly long enough to become quite a sophisticated real estate investor.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

calimom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 11:05:58 PM »

Not sure anyone who had opinions of me is still active on here or cares to get into it, but I'm here if you care to hit me up about it. At the time this was posted, I had only been to 1 BP meetup (and I don't even talk much at those things unless people ask me questions), so not sure the reference there, and I certainly own more than 2 turnkeys. Most importantly, I've never made a claim to be a hipster. Hippy maybe, but not a hipster. :)

Oh good lord.

ali-boone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • business owner, investor, adventurer, pilot
    • Hipster Investments
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »

Welcome!

Thanks!

Not sure anyone who had opinions of me is still active on here or cares to get into it, but I'm here if you care to hit me up about it. At the time this was posted, I had only been to 1 BP meetup (and I don't even talk much at those things unless people ask me questions), so not sure the reference there, and I certainly own more than 2 turnkeys.

My impression was that you quit your job after purchasing your first two turn key properties. Is that not correct?

Nope, not correct. If that was ever said anywhere, it wasn't by me.

Most importantly, I've never made a claim to be a hipster. Hippy maybe, but not a hipster. :)

The email in your signature sure seems to imply differently. If you are not claiming to be a hipster, your company name is an odd choice, and you may want to reevaluate the message it's sending out.

Mmm, no, I'm okay for reevaluating. Thanks for the business consult though. For the name or possible implications of it, why do you care? And even if I was a hipster, who cares? Not sure how the message my company sends out or my potential identity affects you at all.

I don't think anyone's "hiding" behind an avatar. That's my real face. I use my real name. I was at FinCon this past weekend, and met some BiggerPockets contributors.

Blanket statement.

I haven't read BP in a few years, so I don't know how you've evolved. The 3+ years since this thread was active is certainly long enough to become quite a sophisticated real estate investor.

I'm not too concerned what category of real estate investor you think I am. Again, why do you care so much what I say or do?

If I did or said something specific that pissed you off or made you not like me, I'm happy to hear about it. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. But if you just don't like me because, then that's cool too. No hard feelings on my part.