Author Topic: Tiny house AirBnB?  (Read 1180 times)

nara

• Stubble
Tiny house AirBnB?
« on: June 27, 2019, 05:22:49 PM »
We live in a tiny house/airbnb-friendly area! Due to the HCOL, we haven't been able to find a property that cash flows in our state (Colorado). I have read several posts in various facebook groups about how tiny houses are becoming lucrative vacation rentals and some landlords are focusing on them excusively. We live on 5 acres and could easily put a tiny home on our property to airbnb. And I figure when the next recession hits, it could become a long-term rental instead since rents are high in our area. I would like to hear some thoughts, experiences, pros/cons, etc.

Say What?

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Tiny house AirBnB?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
I don't have any experience with the owner's side, but I stayed in a tiny house in Omaha. It was pretty basic (plywood walls, smaller than most you see about on tv/internet), but I wanted to see what it was like to actually be in one. It looked like the guy I rented from had several scattered throughout his property, but they were in their own little areas so it still felt private. I stayed a whole weekend and would do so again if I was in the area.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:58:26 AM »
Most are as large as a hotel room. I have no problem staying in a hotel room for a week.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian

K-ice

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:52:59 AM »
Friends stayed in a retro airstream trailer that was literally in the parking lot of a motel. It was owned by the motel & rented out constantly for more $$ than a larger room for the novelty. It was cute w bright colors inside to attract family but I don’t think people mind if holiday places are small as long as there are enough beds, some outdoor space & activities nearby.